Chapter 46: A tour of the Island

As soon as Manav exited the room, a middle-aged lady entered the room with some bags and a food tray in her hand. She kept the bags on the table beside and come near Myra with the food tray.

Maid: Hello dear, I'm Brittny, and I'm the head maid here. Sir has asked me to make you eat and get fresh to accompany him for a short tour. So, have some food, here. Tell me if you need anything else.

But Myra continued sobbing with her head between her knees. Her clothes were dirty. Brittny looked at her dirty nun clothes and her crying form, she sighed and kept the tray aside and kept a hand on her head.

Brittny: Hey girl, from your clothes, it looked like you are not here by your free will.

Myra: Yes, I'm not. Can you please help me escape from here? I'm a nun and I don't want to be here. Please help me.

Brittny: I don't know what happened in the past, but I want to tell you that you are very lucky. Our boss is crazy about you. I have overheard the conversations. He madly searched you and he was so desperate to get you here. He even ordered everyone to not hurt you as you are very precious to him. This has never happened in the past. So, I would advise you to eat and get ready. And as far as escaping is concerned, you are on a remote island with no connection from the outside world. There is no chance for you to escape this island, at least not if you continue protesting against our boss. He is the leader, and you should cooperate with him if you want to see the world again.

She gets up and exited the room not bothering to explain further. She knew that the girl was very important to her boss and thus she didn't want to mingle in his affairs much. He has already instructed her to limit her conversations and thus she went out of the room without waiting for her reply.

Inside the room, Myra pondered on the words of the maid. She was right, her only way to escape the place was to mingle with Manav. Sitting and crying in the room won't help her in getting away. So, she took the tray on the table and began eating. The food was exotic, and she was starving, but still due to the aftereffects of the sedatives given to her, she was having a bitter metallic taste in her mouth. But regardless, she ate to gain some energy to fight. To end this for once and for all. She was done running now, and she wanted to face this head on. After eating half the quantity of the food, she got up and freshens herself and wore the clothes brought by the maid. It was a simple knee length dress. Although the dress was quite modest but since Myra became habitual of wearing the nun clothes, she was a bit uncomfortable in the clothes. But she didn't have any option as there were no other clothes in the room.

She opened the door of her room to enter the huge hallway. The mansion was indeed quite huge, and one can easily get lost here. She chose a direction and began walking towards it to find stair. She climbed down and hears some muffled voices. She walked towards the direction of the voices and overhears someone talking inside one of the rooms.

Manav: Kareem Chacha, how is it possible? Our men informed us that the plan was completely successful, then who save them? How did it happen? You said that you captured everyone on their way to escape, and then who helped them?

Kareem: I don't know son. I'm sure that I didn't let anyone escape. Even I can't understand how this happened. They were a bunch of orphans and nuns, who must have backed them to save them from a burning home?

Manav: Tell our spies to be more careful and inform us every abnormal activity. Also, send someone to the hospital who is taking care of their injuries. We must know who saved them. Also, don't talk to anyone here about this. I don't want Myra to know that everyone has survived. Are you sure police is not involved?

Kareem: Yes, the police authorities didn't have any information. Neither any report has been lodged. I'll ask our men to be more vigilant.

Myra was elated when she heard this. She thought in her mind.