Chapter 24: The Life Resumed

Ayan's POV

The night passed like this, she crying in my arms and I trying to calm her. She was very sad and my heart was bleeding with every drop of tear she was shedding. She suffered through a lot. In the morning we make our way out of the woods and reach our mansion safely. I collected all the information about her parents and ordered some of my men to rescue them. Then I called a doctor and get her wounds treated. 

She was traumatized by the recent events. And who wouldn't be? She has gone through a lot. But now i have decided to take everything slow. From the recent events, I have realized that I can't lose her in any case. She is very precious for me. And precious things are convinced not forced. So now I have decided to win her heart and then make her mine.

When her parents arrive, I told everything to them. I told them that their daughter is innocent and it was I who forced her. She is not at fault. Surprisingly, instead of showing their anger, they showed their gratitude towards me for saving them and their daughter. Her mother said that she is happy if her daughter gets a man who can care for her with his life. They accepted me and forgave my princess. And only on her mother's request, I let her go to her home for a few more days. Her mother requested to perform this marriage with all the rituals. So, I agreed and she left. Everything went normal and the life resumed.

Myra's POV

We came back to our house. My parents forgave me and accepted Ayan as their future son in law. They were very impressed with Ayan and without asking my consent, they agreed for the marriage. At that time, even I didn't say anything because I knew that neither will my parents listen to me, nor Ayan will let me go. So, I accepted my fate and came back to my house to spend some last few days with my family. Ayan too let me go with my family, maybe he thought that I need some time to get out from the recent incidents. Anamika was still Ayan's captive, and even I didn't ask what he did to her. Honestly, I don't want to talk about her anymore, what she did to me was enough for me to not to trust friendship anymore in this life. I was alone again. No friends, no work, no parents with whom I can share my heart. My parents don't want to listen anything against Ayan. I agree that he helped me and my family at the time we needed it the most, but wasn't he responsible for whole of the situation. He brought Anamika back, he started everything just to marry me, and we ended up in such a mess. But my mother believes that even if he is responsible, he saved all of us. He didn't care while entering in the woods to search for me; he never cares for himself when he fights for me. Little did she know that he is a mafia king now? People fear him, he doesn't.

It has been two days since we returned, and everything has gone back to normal. Yesterday, Ayan called my mother asking if he can take me for a date this weekend to which she gladly agreed. He even informed her that he already purchased a dress for me which he will be personally delivering tonight. She was very happy about it and she asked me to prepare all the dinner for my soon to be husband. I obeyed her and tried to cook with as much efforts as I can. It just feels that I have to pay back to him for what he did by rescuing me from the woods that day. He has indebted me with his help which i have to pay now by obeying my mother. And after all this mess, I am just going with the flow.

The door bell rang bringing me out of my thoughts. My mother asked me to open the door. I nervously pulled the door and he was standing there, with a huge bouquet in his hands and his driver behind him holding a lot of shopping bags.

"Good evening princess. How are you?" He asked smiling widely and offering me the bouquet. I saw a different emotion in his eyes. His eyes and voice, both were very soft.

"Good Evening! Come inside, everyone is waiting for you." I accepted the bouquet and greeted him in a low voice with my head down. I gave him space to enter inside the house.

He signaled his driver to keep the bags inside and enter the house. He then greeted my parents by touching their feet and gave a hug to my brother. Every one of them then sat at the dining table and started having dinner while talking. All of their conversations were focused on just one thing, i.e., our marriage. They were quite excited about the marriage and Ayan was staring at me whenever he got the opportunity. Ayan told us that his parents have disowned him and now he lives all alone. He also told us about his huge business and various properties he owned. It was quite impressive how he built a huge empire at such a young age even though he used illegal ways as well. The dinner went smoothly and then my mother asked me to see him off, so I went outside my house with him to drop him to his car. As soon as we went out of the door he held my hand and stopped me.

"Princess, I know what happened in the past few days should not have happened. But it is always said that everything happens for good. These recent events have made me realize how much I love you and how much I need you. I know I have behaved like a jerk, and have forced you. But I really love you, and I just need one chance. I promise I'll make you happy. It's our first official date tomorrow, and I promise that you will not regret it. I know you accepted this offer to show your gratitude towards me for helping you. But I promise you that I'll convert this gratitude into love. Dress nicely tomorrow. See you"

With this, he kissed my forehead and move towards his car. I was shocked on what I heard. Was he really being nice? Or was he just acting? He never talked to me in such a tone, he had always forced me, and then how can I believe him now? But I have to attend this date, so I should forget everything and go to sleep. Nothing can change in my life. Everything will remain same and I will be toyed off by everyone my whole life. By now, I have already forgotten the meaning of love, and I am just following what others are saying. This is how my life resumed from now on.