Chapter 14: The Encounter

Myra's POV

Today is my first date with Manav. I am happy about it because he is happy, I hope everything goes fine. My mom barged into my room with a new dress and accessories.

"Myra, look how amazing it is. Manav sent it for you as he knows your laziness know no bounds and he doubts you'll go to date in pyjamas."

"Mom you and Manav, both are crazy. You don't leave any chance of pulling my leg. Now go out, I have to get ready for this DATE." I focussed on the word date. My mom went out of the room giggling. Everyone is so happy, but don't know why, I'm not getting a good feeling. I hope everything goes fine. I got ready.

Manav came 30 minutes before the decided time and rang the door bell a million times like a child

Manav came 30 minutes before the decided time and rang the door bell a million times like a child. As soon as my mother opened the door, he touched my mother's feet and started shouting for me. I got down fast and bid my farewell to my parents. He was looking like a child who has got an entry to the ice cream land. He was looking so lively that I couldn't stop admiring him.

"Staring is bad you know, but its okay, you can stare me, after all I'm so handsome." He smirked

"Who's staring you, I'm just admiring this carefree laughter. Promise me Manav, it will remain like this till the end of our lives." I become emotional suddenly.

"Hey don't worry; I promise you, it will grow better. Now smile, it's our first date, and we are going to remember this day for the rest of our lives." He said making me smile. I just can't stop adoring his cheerful nature.

"So, where are we going?" I asked him initiating the conversation.

"We are going to watch a horror movie first as you love them, then we'll have lunch and then there is a surprise for you." He said cheerfully

"Are you serious? Who watches a horror movie in the morning? Even the cinema halls don't offer this. Don't tell me that you are scared of such movies." By now, I was laughing bitterly.

"Hey I'm not scared of anything. And about the arrangements, special arrangements can be made for a movie date. And I'm sure what we are doing in the latter half of the day will be better than any ghost or witch, I'll enjoy more then, and you might scream too." Decoding the meaning behind his words, I turned crimson and started looking outside window only to receive another hearty laugh from the man sitting beside me.

We reached the movie hall and to my surprise whole of the hall was booked for the two of us and a special edition movie was specially put up for us which is yet to release in India. We were sitting in the middle of the top row and enjoing the movie. After about 10 minutes Manav's attention diverted from the movie towards me. When I realised his gaze, I said

"Movie is running there, not here, so watch it."

"But I think this movie is more interesting, I can watch this movie for the rest of my life." His voice sounded husky as he came closer and removed the hand rest from between our seats