Chapter 23: The Mystery Decoded

Ayan's POV

We reached the night camp. Myra was sleeping in my arms and I carefully put her down. With the help of small bon fire outside, I noticed her appearance for the first time in this village. She was in the same clothes in which I last saw her. Her clothes were torn from different places. A deep cut on her arm was peeping through her tattered sleeves. Her foot was badly bleeding, and her face was pale due to continuous crying and loss of so much blood. She was looking so innocent and helpless at the same time that I just wanted to rip the heads of the people who were responsible for her this condition. But what actually happened was still out of my understanding. I know that bitch ditched me and held Myra captive but she ran away from there, but how? where did her parents go? And if this planning was being done from days, then how come I never came to know about it. Something was missing, but I wasn't able to identify what.

I saw Myra shivering, maybe due to cold whether and her tattered clothes. Even I wasn't wearing a jacket. So I did what I felt right. I sat close to her and hugged her tightly, I was trying to calm her through my body heat. She relaxed in my arms. I was feeling so happy, she was finally with me.

Myra's POV

I was feeling relaxed, I was feeling good,but why was my body paining? Uggh this body pain is excruciating. I wasn't even in a comfortable position, why is my bed so hard? I open my eyes slowly and found two arms wrapped around me tightly. I was pressed to a body, a human body. But who? I tried to remember what happened before I fell asleep, and that's when I wake up with a jolt. I tried to remove his hands from me but he won't bulge. It was still dark outside indicating that it was still night, and we were in a small night camp. I tried to move his hands away from me, but his grip became tighter. That's when he spoke for the first time there

"Sleep baby, I know you are very tired but we can't go out at this timed. There might be danger outside, but we are protected here, so sleep now. I promise you keep you safe."

Ayan's POV

"But.. but I need to go, else they'll kill my family. Please let me go, you were not supposed to be here. You were supposed to get married to her. No, I need to go.. please leave me. I beg you."

She started more fierce attempts to escape my grip. She was very tensed and scared about something, so I decided to had a little talk then.

"Hey hey, everything is all right. Please calm down. Anamika is in our hold now. She is serving her punishment in my torture room. She can't do anything now. So, please tell me from the beginning. What happened, and how did you end up here?"

"Bu..but if I tell you, she...she will.." She was still hesitant

"No, she can't do anything. She will have to fight with me first before reaching you. You can trust me, seriously." I immediately cut her off and assured her.

"That day, after coming back to our home, my parents didn't talk to me and locked themselves in one room, and I didn't want to talk to Anamika because of her deeds. But she came to me and pleaded forgiveness. She begged me for a chance to save me from this situation. Initially i didn't agree, but then she told me that once you marry me, you plan to kill my family and take away everything from me. She also told me a plan of how she had hired some men and she will help my parents to escape to their native village and then me to reach a safe place, and instead marry you to save me. I was sceptical that why would she do such thing for me when earlier she was the one who put me in danger. But since, according to her plan, my parents would flee to a safe place, so I agreed." I immediately tighten my hold on her. I was angry that she made a plan to escape me. She made a plan with that bitch, just to go away from me. She stopped speaking as she sensed my anger.

"Continue" I said in a stern voice controlling my anger

"Then the next day, some of her men came and took my parents with them. Anamika helped in diverting your guards attention. I was still there in the house because I was supposed to run on the day of wedding itself so that if anyone comes to check up, then he won't get suspicious. That day in the evening, Anamika told me about my parent's safe journey, and when I insisted her to let me talk to them, she said that they don't want to keep any relations with me now, so they don't want to talk. I cried badly but was happy for them, so I didn't pushed it further and began preparing for my departure. The one thing which was on my mind was that today or tomorrow, you'll come to know that I ran, and after that you will never leave my family and do what you promised to do that day in your apartment. And since my family was at a different place now, so, you won't be able to harm them and I'll convince you never to do so after our marriage. So, I decided not to run away and marry you. And I headed towards Anamika to inform her, but she had other plans."

**Flashback**

Myra's POV

"Anamika, Thanks a lot for your help. But I think I should face this situation on my own. I'll be indebted to you for life for what you did to me by saving my family. But I can't put you in danger anymore as this is my fate. I'm truly glad though that I found my best friend back. Always stay happy. And I may convince him after my marriage not to use anymore for such things and you can live your life freely."

"Ohh sweetie, are you sure you want to do this? Because I seriously want to help you." She said with a sad voice. I hugged her and assured her that I am fine and she advised me to take some rest for a while. I was laying on my bed thinking about what was going to happen the coming night when I heard a gunshot. I immediately went outside to check if Anamika is fine, but what I saw was beyond my imagination. All of your guards were lying on the floor, blood oozing out from their body and a lot of new men were there.

"See who decided to show up, my bitch of a friend, who knows how to lure men with her fake innocence. See how vulnerable she is looking now." Anamika said with a venom filled voice

"Ann..anamika what are you ssaying? Who are these men, and what happened to Ayan's bodyguards?" I asked, confused with the situation.

"Look bitch, I don't have enough time, so let me tell you something, that your family is within my custody, if you want them safe and sound, then go with my men, and stay away from here. You will not marry the person whom I love. You always take everything easily, rich friends, rich boyfriend, support, sympathy, everything. But not more go with them like a good girl, and I will spare your family." With that being said, she showed me a video where my parents were bounded and men surrounded them with guns. While watching the video I felt something hit my head and I passed out. When I opened my eyes i found myself tied up. After some time of trying to free myself, I gave up. Suddenly a man came inside the room and locked it. He started untying me, after completely untying me; he slammed me harshly on the wall, and started kissing me. I began screaming for help but everything in vain. He was hurting me badly, but before he go further, i smashed his head with whatever came in my hand. He lies there unconscious, and his other mates thought that he was inside so they didn't bother to enter and check. I escaped from the window in the woods.

**Flashback Over**

Ayan's POV

"Since then I am running in this forest, escaping from every sound and trying to find a way out to reach police." She started crying profusely and I hugged her. She cried while hugging me, I patted her back to make her calm.

"Don't worry princess, wait is finally over, no one will harm you now. You've been through much, not more. I am here now. You are only mine. And I'll make sure the people who harmed what's mine will suffer."