Chapter 6: The Internship Period

Myra's POV

I asked the directions of Ayan's cabin and knocked on the door. I was so nervous of facing him. I knew he was very rich, but I didn't expect to work under the guy whom I taught a few days back. Anyway, I know that I need this internship exposure badly, so I'll have to bear him being my boss. Hope he will not fire me like that other girl whom he fired in the presentation room. I was soon drifted out of my thoughts by a voice which ordered me to go inside the cabin. I entered the cabin and there he was, sitting in all his glory and working on his laptop, I didn't notice his features with such intensity previously, indeed he was insanely beautiful. He asked me to sit while working on his laptop, after a few minutes of awkward silence; he kept his laptop aside and looked at me.

"Congratulations on the amazing presentation. Indeed you justified your position as a university rank holder." Ayan said it cheerfully

"Thank You ...ummm... S...Sir" I stuttered not knowing whether I should call him with his name or not. I preferred to maintain professionalism in the office to which he gladly accepted without any objection.

"So, Myra, since you'll be working in my team. I would like to tell you that I'm very strict at my workplace, people fear from me. I want my team to meet deadlines and complete the tasks allotted to them with full zeal. I know it's your first day and it will be a lot for you, but I think you should know that I have fired all the other interns. Only you are left now." He said it so plainly as if it didn't matter to him much.

"But sir, why did you fire them? I mean, please don't fire me, I will work harder. I promise that you'll ot be disappointed with my work." I almost pleaded him, looking at his dangerous side.

"I'm not firing you, as far as you remain dedicated. I want you to read all these reports and make a pre-project summary by the end of this day. Fail to do, and you'll leave this job." He ordered me coldly while handling me files, or I say work of whole 1 week to be completed in 1 day.

But I didn't find it good to argue with him at that time so I nodded and left the cabin and headed towards my cubical to complete the assigned work.

Ayan's POV

I gave her work worth of 5 people. I know that's impossible for a person to complete in one day, but I can't de-code what's happening to me. I want to see her more, and I know, by loading her with work, I'll be able to keep her in front of my eyes for long time. She was becoming my drug, and I was letting her be. This became my everyday routine, I let her work for late in the office till it becomes dark outside, and then as her college friend, drop her home. This way, I was able to spend maximum time of the day with her.

Although I have feelings for her, but I can't let my work suffer because of that. And to my surprise, she wasn't letting it suffer, she was doing more than I was allotting her, she was enjoying her busy schedule. And to my surprise, even after almost 2 months of working with me, she didn't fell for my charms. She was so focussed. She was not like the girls who just want attention without doing any work. She used to work more than me. I somewhere started realizing my liking towards her. She was doing things to me unknowingly. I even shared my feelings to Manav, to which he suggested me to stay away from her, as she would not be able to handle my ways. I sometimes think that Manav too have a liking towards her but I scoffed off this thought, he is still my best friend, after all.

Myra's POV

Internship session is about to end. I have worked really very hard for this project. But I enjoyed it a lot. I got to learn so many things. I must say, Ayan is a good mentor. Although he used to behave like creep sometimes, keep staring at me from cabin, insist me to drop me at home, talk to me for long hours related to project on weekends, sometimes have lunch with me in the staff canteen. But I think that may be because only 2 of us are working on this project, and this project means a lot to both of us. We have proved an amax=zing team, he is dominating at times, but overall I liked working with him. These 2 months of working have been much more knowledgeable and learning experience because of him.

Today is the day of our final presentation to the board. Ayan and I have to give this presentation as a team, and I'm really very nervous for it. What if they don't like it? We have worked really hard for it and from the morning, Ayan is trying to calm me by saying that everything will be alright.

_____________

The meeting went really very well. Everyone in the board liked our presentation, and they were really impressed by our results. I got a big amount of stipend as well, more than my expectations. Ayan offered to have a lunch with me as it was the last day of us being working together and so as o celebrate our success of the project. I gladly accepted his offer; I think I can make a good friend. He is not that bad as the rumours say about him. He is really a business- minded person.

Ayan's POV

After a successful presentation, it was the time that I confess my feelings to Myra. I've really fallen for her charms and innocence. How can someone be so pure like her? She is just like the girl of my dreams. During the past 2 months, I've been behaving oddly. I've never been so kind,but whenever I'm around her, I feel like being kind to impress her. But she being her, she didn't even fall for me once. Sometimes I wonder how can a person be so oblivious to her surroundings that she didn't notice someone is trying to seduce her. But this made my blood boil, as may be other guys too have tried to seduce her in the past. She can't be ignored, boys must have been ready to kill for her. But, now when I've realized my feelings, I've decided that I will surely make her mine. She is only mine to cherish, mine to keep, and mine to care for. I'll make her my girlfriend today, and somewhere I know that this will work out amazingly well. I'm so excited about the lunch. Myra, be ready to be mine. Soon.