Chapter 4: The first meeting

Myra's POV

Exams are approaching now, and a lot is left to do. I have to finalize my notes before giving them to the photocopy shop, I have to help few of my friends too who have asked me for. And from past 2 days, Manav is convincing me to give personal tuition to one of his friend. I mean, I'm okay with helping but who goes to the house of a stranger just to teach him and that too in exam days. Moreover, that guy Ayan is a popular bad boy of my college. Who knows how he would behave. I don't want to get in touch with such people, I want a peaceful life and such type of people doesn't come in the preview of a peaceful life.

"Hey Myra, Please Please, he needs help. Please do this one for me" Manav said pleadingly
"Tell him to meet me in the college and I will help him by staying back after the college, I just can't go to his house" I cleared my stand. I simply didn't want to trouble myself asking permissions from my parents for a thing in which I myself was least interested

Finally after a lot of discussions, we agreed to meet at Manav's place. He said that he will bring Ayan at his place and he also promised to treat me with ice cream after exams. Just the thought of having an ice cream party brings up smile on my face and I instantly agreed on his proposal.

~~~~~~~~

Today is the day when I'm going to help that guy at Ayan's place. Manav pick me up after my classes from the college and right now I'm sitting in his car and he is continuously babbling about his and Ayan's adventurous stories. I was least interested in the stories but I was forced to think that at least they are living their life to the fullest, not like me who is suppressing her desires and hobbies. They were blessed in disguise with power and money, and here I was struggling in life for survival. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize when we reached his home. His home is quite huge, just like a mansion. We generally have our society meetings here and his living room only can fit 50 people together at a time easily. I always admire his style of living, lavish and luxurious, and I wonder will I get such a kind of lifestyle too?

I brush of my thoughts and went inside in Manav's room where Ayan was laying on the bed with his one hand and one leg covered with bandages. Since exams were about to start from next week, I laid a study plan for 7 days for 3 hours each covering all the important topics which will help them to pass the exams as clearing exams were very important to stop the college to put our degree on hold which was very embarrassing for a student, that too when the student has such a reputation as Ayan and Manav.

In the next 7 days, we barely talk anything except studies. I don't want to befriend Ayan as I have heard a lot of negative things about him. I was just going there for Manav and soon the 7 days came to an end and so does my frequent visits to his home. Soon all the students in the college engulf in the exam phobia and started concentrating only on studies. I too became busy in preparing for exams somewhere thankful to Manav that because of him I brushed off my syllabus. Exams went too fast and soon we were over with it. And finally our summer vacations started. This vacation, I had got an internship opportunity from a big consulting firm. I prepared very hard for the interview and somehow impressed the HR of my skills for this paid internship opportunity.

Ayan's POV

Finally we got over with these bloody exams. That girl taught me very well and I would be able to score good now just because of her. I started admiring her simplicity and innocence. She was indeed beautiful, a lot of time when she used to teach me at Manav's house, I tried to flirt with her, but she was so naive to understand this. Girls generally throw themselves on me, and here this girl, she just helped me for the sake of her friend. I suddenly got jealous of Manav because of having her as a friend. She didn't even talk to me as a friend. I was somehow hurt as no girl has ever treated me in such a manner. Leaving her thought aside, I'm free for the next two months now, and I'm going to join my Dad's consulting firm for the next two months. It will help me in understanding the business better and hone my consulting skills. But my dad informed me that they have hired a few interns for a project's pre- research and he wants me to lead the team. I was looking forward to participate in an important case and here I am, stuck with some foolish students. But I'm sure I'll chuck them out in the next two days and then I'll not have to work with them. I already asked HR to mail the project's file to those interns and assign them a task of preparing action plan to pursue with the project.

~~~~~

Today is the first day of my joining in my dad's business. I'm pretty excited about the beginning of this new journey. I'm sure one day I'll be the most successful person in this country. Reaching 1 hour before the scheduled time, I was heading towards my cabin when I heard someone talking in the waiting room. Since it was one hour before the office time begins, I sneak into the waiting room to find out the source of that voice. To my amazement, that voice turned out to be of Myra's rehearsing her project's presentation. She immediately shot her head up to look at me only to be shocked to see me there.

"Hey!! What are you doing here? Did you get an internship offer from them too? Oh then you must be allotted the task of preparing a presentation too, I'm pretty nervous about the presentation, have you completed yours? Can you please see to my presentation if it's all right?" She babbled this in one go and that's when I realized she was one of the intern in my team. I felt quite happy on knowing this and mentally smirked about her working under me. Now she'll definitely have to talk to me, she can't ignore her team leader after all.

I agreed on helping her with her presentation and to my amazement, she had prepared an exceptionally good presentation considering a beginner's work. I was quite impressed with her work and soon I realized that it was almost the time and the other interns will be arriving soon, I immediately excused myself without telling her that I'll be leading the team and that this office belongs to my dad. I was curious to see her expressions now.

 I was curious to see her expressions now