Chapter 12: Burying the Past

Myra's POV

Dear Diary

Being happy is a feeling which only fortunate people can get. I'm blessed that god bestowed his kindness and mercy on me to make me happy. Another day of my life passed normally today with the people I admire and the work I love. All the happiness which I have achieved during past three years is a result of the support from my family and my extended family. I am happy to get a person like Manav in my life. For justice, he breaks all the ties from his best friend and supported me like my own family. I wonder if there even exists a way to repay his debt. Everyone is supported by their family, but only few are blessed enough to get such true friends. I can take a bullet for Manav for what he did to me. I just pray to almighty to shower all the happiness of this world on him, and keep blessing my peaceful life by keeping my nightmares away. See you tomorrow with a new day's story.

I started writing diary when I lost all hopes of getting good friends. This diary became my good friend, it never complains, neither expects anything from me except 10 minutes of attention to it daily. My worst and best days are stored in this diary, and I hope this will continue to be my mate for the rest of my life. With this I slept hoping for another good day tomorrow.

Manav's POV

It has become my daily routine to spend sleepless nights thinking about the random stuff. Myra has consumed all my thoughts. I don't know why I feel happy when I'm with her. She makes me complete, she makes me sane. She is so down to earth; never try to take advantage of me, like other girls do. She always has solution to all my problems; don't know how ever I would be able to live without her. But wait; is it really necessary to live without her? I'm sure she also likes me somewhere, and we are best friends, so why can't we take this friendship to the next level. But I can't talk about it directly to her, should I call any of her friends? But she doesn't have any good friends, she never share anything with anyone except me.

Knock knock

"Who's it"
"Beta, can I come in?"
"Ohh mom, what's the need to ask, it's your son's room, you don't need permission."
"But it seems that my son is not my anymore. Where are you lost these days, you don't even talk to me, don't come at dinner table for family dinner. Is work bothering you a lot."
"Ummm mom, it's not about work. Actually I'm just a bit confused about life."
"What is it? Tell me. Is it about any new deal? I'm sure it can't be about a girl, because my workaholic son can never think about bringing a beautiful wife for accompanying his old mother."
"Mom, you are too dramatic. Actually it's about Myra, you know, I think I have started developing feelings for her. I feel so alive around her. But I don't want to lose her in any case. What if she sense it and leave me?"
"Beta, Myra is a decent girl and she knows you well. She knows you are not a pervert or a selfish person like the ones she had met earlier. She knows you and she idealize you. Give yourself a chance, before she figures out herself, go and confess, that's what friends do. I'm happy with your decision; I already like that girl since I have known her. Just take care; friendship is something bigger and stronger than any other relationship in this world."
"Ohh my lovely mother, you just cleared the mess of my mind. What have I done without you? Love you a lot"
"Love you too beta, now sleep and confess before it gets late. Good Night"
"Good night mom, you are the best mother."

My mother really is something. The problem which had occupied my mind for so many days was solved by her in just few minutes. But she is right; tomorrow I'll confess all my feelings to her leaving her decision on god. I want to pour out my heart to her. I quickly messaged my driver to pick up Myra from home tomorrow as I have to make arrangements and again drifted into her memories for whole night.