Chapter 43

Pandavas POV

We can't believe what we heard. Angraj, the one we insulted for wielding a weapon even after being a Sutputra is actually Suryaputra, our eldest brother. How can mother abandon him. That too flow him Mata Ganga. We did a sin. 

We heard Mamashree telling Maharaj to punish Mata, but Priya interrupted and said that Jyesht Karna is the one who should punish Mata and no one else. We didn't like the thought of our Mata being punished, but it is also true she should be punished for the sin she did. Hope Jyesht will forgive Mata as well as us.

Pandavas POV Ends

Duryodhan stood up and spoke.

D- Maharaj, I agree with Didi. Jyesht Karna is the only one who should decide what to do with Rajmata. And I would like to tell everyone here that I no longer want to be the Yuvraj of Hastinapur. The next king of Hastinapur will be Jyesht Karna as he is the eldest of all of us. 

Everyone was shocked at this. They couldn't believe what they heard.

Maharaj- But Putra...

D- Maharaj, I have already decided this. I don't want fight for something that doesn't belong to me in the first place. 

Shakuni- Mere Bache, what are you doing? Angraj is the eldest Pandav, but he was interrupted by Duryodhan.

D- Gandhar Raj, stop. I don't care and I have already decided. 

Shakuni was feeling frustrated. Everything is going out of his hands. Duryodhan is no longer his puppet. He knew this because Duryodhan called him Gandhar Raj instead of Mamashree. He looked at Priya who showed a cold look to him which made him shiver. 

Shakuni- I should be careful around her. He thought.

After some time, Karna and Draupadi came. Everyone looked at them. Pandavas was looking at their newly found eldest brother with remorse. Karna just went and stood beside Priya ignoring the looks given to him by everyone.

P- Radhey, it has been decided that you will punish Rajmata as you were the victim of her action.

Karna looked at Priya and saw her looking at him with a soft eye but with a serious look. He nodded.

He then looked at Rajmata Kunti. She looked at him and then looked at Yudhister and back at him. She is still worrying for her son Yudhister. He then decided.

Maharaj- Angraj, I mean Putra Karna, as Putri Priya said, I give you permission to punish Rajmata Kunti as you please. Kunti come to the center of the Darbar. He ordered.

Kunti came down and stood in the center. Karna came and stood at the center a little away from Kunti. His eyes showing nothing.

Karna- Thank you Maharaj. Sorry for abruptly going out without your permission. As for the punishment for Rajmata. 

Kunti flinched at being called Rajmata by her eldest.

Karna- I refuse to acknowledge Rajmata Kunti as my mother. I was Radhey, I am Radhey and always will be Radhey. I will be called Suryaputra. But I will never be called as Kaunteya. I don't consider any of her sons to be my brother. The Kauravas are my brothers. Maharani Gandhari will be also called as my mother. I forgive you Rajmata for abandoning me because if you didn't, I would not have got Radhama. I can forgive you but not forget.

With that he went and stood near Priya.

Everyone was shocked at the punishment. He forgave her but did not accept her.

Priya- There is no greater punishment for Kunti not being accepted by her child. Even for the Pandavas too. They will not get the love of their eldest brother while their cousins will. Excellent punishment dear brother. She thought smirking.

Pandavs and Kunti cried hearing their punishment. They lost a great person as a son and brother.

D- Jyesht, I have decided that I will not be the next heir to the throne. You will be the King of Hastinapur.

Karna- No Suyo, I refuse to accept the throne. I am happy with Angdesh. I don't want to be King of Hastinapur.

D- But it is your right!

Karna- No. I am not part of Kuru Vansh. You are. I am sure you will a great king.

Bhisma- But Putra, if you don't want to be the king then Yudhister should be as he is elder than Duryodhan. 

Yudhister- No Pitamah. I don't want to be the king. It Jyesht's right.

Karna- Rajkumar Yudhister, please refrain from calling Jyesht. I have already said, I don't consider you or your younger brothers as my brothers and I never will. He said with a serious look. 

Rajkumar Yudhister, as an elder brother you didn't stop your younger brothers from insulting me. Sutputra or not, I am elder than all of you and you knew it. Tell me oh so Dharmraj, where is the so-called Dharm, when they were insulting me, a person elder than them. He asked sarcastically. 

Yudhister looked down feeling guilty. The others also felt bad. 

Duryodhan- Pitamah, I knew your love for these Pandavs is immeasurable. But how can you be so partial towards them. First to me and my brothers, now with Jyesht.

Priya- Leave it Suyo. There is no point in telling anything. Now, all of you listen carefully, the next Yuvraj will be decided after everyone comes back from Ayodhya. You do remember the invitation, right?

Bhisma- Yes Putri. Maharaj, the next Yuvraj can be decided after all of us will come from Ayodhya.

Maharaj- Alright. All of you may leave. Get ready for the journey to Ayodhya. Court dismissed.

Everyone started to leave.

Priya hugged Karna. Karna hugged her back. Draupadi, Suyodhana, Dushasan, Ashwathama came and hugged them.

Karna smiled at the love he is receiving. Kunti looked at the Pandavas and called out to them, but they left. Kunti cried and ran behind them.

Hi guys. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Did you guys like the chapter?

What do you think about the punishment? 

Is it a good punishment?

Vote and comment.