Chapter 47

Next Morning, everyone was in Sabha. The Hastinapur royals, Krishna and Balram, Panchal royals were there and Dron Acharya as well. All other guests went back to their kingdoms. Women were said to sit beside the men, but they refused as it was not usual for them. They were given a place to sit which had a curtain covering them. 

The royals were looking around the Sabha. A big throne was in the center and beside it was another throne but small compared to the other. Then in each side of the thrones were ministers of various departments which included women. The Hastinapur and Panchal men were frowning at this. For them, women should stay behind a curtain in a Sabha. But here women are sitting alongside with men. They wanted to comment on it but stayed silent. Krishna and Balram were sitting in their seats happily. For them, they liked to see women sitting along with men showing that both genders were given equal status.

K- Dau, I am so excited. This day will change the perspective of many here.

B- What do you mean Kanha? 

K- Just wait and watch. He smiled.

Balram shook his head. Only God knows what is going in Kanha's head. He thought.

Krishna looked at Balram and held his laugh.

The Sabha was really grand. The guard announced the arrival of Prithvi. Everyone stood up while Prithvi entered the Sabha. He looked really handsome in his blue attire. He greeted everyone with a smile. Everyone thought he will sit in the big throne, but he went and sat on the smaller throne. 

Draupad- Your Majesty, why are you not sitting on the big throne?

Prithvi- That throne belongs to the Empress. She is the ruler. He said smiling.

Draupad- But your majesty, women should sit either beside their husband or beneath them.

Krishna- Maharaj Draupad, this throne and kingdom belongs to my sister. She is the Empress of Aryavart. Yuvraj Prithvi is the ruler of Malwa. She has the higher position here.

Prithvi- Rightly said Dwakanaresh.

Krishna- Please call me Kanha, brother-in-law. He said mischievously.

Prithvi- As you say Kanha.

Just then the guard announce the arrival of Priya. When Priya entered everyone was mesmerized with her beauty as well as the aura she was emitting. A powerful yet gentle aura. She smiled and greeted everyone and sat on the throne.

P- Let the Sabha begin.

The ministers discussed about the happenings while Priya was not around. All the royals were surprised with the coordination between everyone. Everyone person in the Sabha were included while discussing the matters.

P- Now before solving the upcoming problems, I want to announce that Education is made compulsory for everyone irrespective of gender, caste or any birth. Basic education will be given to everyone in various subjects. Co-ed schools will be opened. Education Minister, write this and send soldiers to announce it over entire Aryavart after I sign the document.

Edu Min- As you say Empress. He smiled. 

Dron Acharya- Sorry to interrupt Empress, but what you are doing is wrong. 

P- May I know Guru Dron, what wrong that you are talking about. 

Dron Acharya- How could you make a Co-ed school. That is Adharm. How could you allow girls to get educated along with boys. 

Bhisma- Guru Dron is saying the truth. And low castes should not be given education along with the higher caste. This is not a good proposal. 

P- Mahamim Bhisma, Guru Dron, are you saying that girls are not to get educated. Education is not limited to any certain caste or gender. Education is the right of every person. No Veda says that education is only for higher caste. If it does, please tell me in which Veda it says.

Bhisma and Guru Dron went silent. 

P- Remember the Goddess of Education is Mata Saraswati. A woman is no less than a man. Higher caste people are not the only people in Aryavart. Aryavart has many people from different backgrounds. I am an Empress and it's my duty that my people get what they truly deserve, and education is one of them. I hope I cleared my stand. She said with a serious tone.

Bhisma and Guru Dron sat down silently. Everyone was happy with the decision except for Bhisma, Guru Dron and Pandavas and their supporters. Priya signed the document.

P- What is the next problem to solve?

Soldiers came with a man in his mid 30's, a woman in her mid 20's. The woman had many bruises on her face and body and was crying while the man was looking at the woman rather glaring at the woman.

Minister X- Empress, this man is the woman's husband and is said to be abusing her. 

The aura suddenly went cold. Everyone looked at Priya who was given an cold aura making them shiver.

P- Tell me your name.

Man- My name is Chandu, and I am a farmer.

Woman- My... my name is Harini, and I am his wi...wife. She said stuttering.

P- Who all are there in your family?

Chandu- Me, my parents and her.

P- Her? You mean your wife.

Chandu nodded.

Priya looked at Harini and asked.

P- What about your family?

Harini- I am an orphan, your highness. I lost my family when I was young. 

P- Tell me the whole situation Harini.

Harini- Your highness, as I said I am an orphan. My family knew my husband's family. They were friends. They decided that me and my husband will get married once we grow up. Our marriage happened. Before marriage he was caring, but when the marriage was done, he changed completely. I was... she cried.

P- Would you like some water? She asked softly seeing the girl shivering while crying.

Harini rejected it.

P- Continue.

Harini after composing herself spoke.

Harini- He raped me. He always beats me and abuses me. If anything, bad happens, I will get beaten. My in-laws just stare at me getting abused. Never helped me. 

Everyone was feeling bad.

P- Would you like to say anything Chandu. She said in a cold tone.

Chandu- She is my wife. I have every right over her. I can do whatever I want with her. He said in a arrogant tone.

P- So you are saying what you did was right. Raping her, abusing her, beating her just because she is your wife is right, huh? She said in tone that made everyone scared.

Chandu- Ye..ye.. yes. He stuttered feeling scared.

P- Bring me his parents.

The soldiers brought his parents.

P- You are a bad name in the name of a parent. You saw your daughter-in-law get abused and you didn't do anything to stop it. You know the one who keep silent is equally a culprit, right?

Father- It was between them. 

Mother- Please don't punish our son. Forgive him. She begged.

Priya smirked and spoke.

P- Heh, justice will serve, and I will show how it is actually done. She said grinning. Her eyes shone with an evil glint. 

Everyone stared at her. They were getting anxious.

Hi guys. I am uploading another chapter.

What do you think about Priya's decision on the education? 

Priya is in her Mafia Queen mode. What do guys think will be the punishment?

I will be uploading the next chapter after next week.

Please vote and comment. What could be the punishment?