Chapter 48

Priya looked at them with an evil glint. Her aura was cold which made the entire people in the Sabha shiver.

P- The culprit has shown no remorse for his action towards the victim. The witness to the abuse is also punishable. I will declare the punishment for Chandu.

Everyone was anticipating Priya's judgement.

P- The culprit Chandu is to be whipped 100 times with a whip that has thorns after which his head is to be cut off in front of the public. 

Everyone in the Sabha was shocked. Such brutal punishment. Everyone thought.

P- You should be glad Chandu, you are getting a small punishment. She said smirking.

Chandu- Please forgive me. He cried.

Mother- Please forgive my son, your highness.

P- Ah! I almost forgot to give your punishment. Thank you for reminding me. She said in an not so innocent tone.

The parents were afraid.

Father- Forgive us. Please show mercy.

Their begging fell into deaf ears. Priya disregarded their begging's.

P- You both watched him abuse your daughter-in-law. I sentence the witnesses to be whipped 50 times with normal whip and eyes to be plucked out. They will be in jail for the rest of their lives. Guards, take the culprits for the punishment.

Chandu and his parents were taken away. Everyone can't believe what they heard. Such brutal punishment.

Bhisma thoughts- Such brutal punishment and she says it is a small punishment.

P- A woman's honor is a kingdom's honor as well as the country's honor. No woman should be disrespected. Ever. Not by anyone. Her honor is her right. She said in a cold tone. 

Her cold tone made everyone scared. 

Priya looked at Harini who was shedding tears.

P- Harini, what happened to you is cruel. But I hope I have given you the justice you deserved. She spoke in a soft tone.

Harini- You Highness, I am thankful. I am happy that I got my justice. 

P- Listen all, from now on every woman, children and older people are to be given self-defense lesson and it is to be made mandatory. This rule is not only for Ayodhya, but for the entire Aryavart. 

Vidur- Sorry to interrupt, but what is the need? 

P- Woman's honor is her right and is to be protected. Self-defense is the way she can protect herself from anyone who tries to take that right from her. Is my explanation okay for you Hastinapur Mahamantri Vidur? She asked sarcastically.

Vidur sat down seeing Priya glare at him. 

Bhisma- But... Priya interrupted him.

P- My law and words are ABSOLUTE. Guards, announce the new laws to everyone in Aryavart and if anyone refuses, Ayodhya will wage a war. 

Everyone in the Sabha, along with Hastinapur royals except for Bhisma, Vidur, Pandavas was happy with the decision.    

The 3 musketeers were really happy seeing their sister/friend rule like a true Empress. They were awestruck seeing her giving the justice.

A/D/K- PRIYA IS AWESOME! They thought.

Prithvi looked at Priya with respect. He didn't know how he got such a great person as his wife.

Prithvi- I am lucky to have her as my wife. He thought.

The guards gave punishment to Chandu and his parents. The public were terrified with the punishment, but many people were happy that the culprit was punished. All women were happy with the punishment. 

When everyone heard the new law of self-defense lesson, they were happy.

In the Sabha, everything went smoothly.

Hi guys. Sorry for not updating for so long.

I actually went on a tour in a forest and had no net connection.

Btw, did you like the chapter?

What do you think about the punishment given by Priya?

Vote and comment.