Chapter 53

The environment in the Sabha was really dark. Kunti and the Pandavas followers were waiting. Bhisma looked at Priya who was sitting on the Hastinapur throne. Everyone can sense her anger. The Kauravas, Ashwathama and Karna also came hearing the situation. Everyone was waiting for Priya to start.

P- Guards, bring all the culprits.

The guards came with Shakuni, Jayadratha and the Pandavas who were full of bruises.

P- Today we are here to give justice to a woman, who is the daughter-in-law of Kuru Vansh, a daughter of this land. I will give justice to who have been wronged. The perpetrators will get what they deserve. Guards bring forwards Jayadratha.

The guards brought Jayadratha to the center of the Sabha.

P- Explain yourself. Why did you do this act?

J- I will do as I please. She rejected me and married that Devputra Arjun. But look what happened to her. She had to marry five men. She is a whore. Her husband staked her and lost her. She became a servant. This is her karma for ignoring and rejecting me. Hahahaha.

Jayadratha's words made everyone angry. 

Bheem- How dare you, Jayadratha? I will kill you. He screamed.

P- QUIET! I AM THE ONE WHO WILL DECIDE WHETHER TO KILL OR NOT. BHEEM, YOU'RE TURN WILL COME. 

Bheem got scared looking at Priya who was looking at him murderously.

P- JAYADRATHA, YOU LOVE TO STRIP WOMAN, RIGHT? I will show you and others too what will happen. Culprit Jayadratha show no remorse for his act. I sentence Jayadratha to be castrated in front of all and walked naked all over the public. His head will be cut off in front of the public. This will show men and instill a fear in them. They will think hundred times before trying to defame any woman.

Everyone including Jayadratha was horrified with the punishment. Jayadratha started to beg for mercy, but Priya looked at him with cold eyes. He was taken away for his punishment.

Priya then looked at Shakuni and he was brought to stand in the middle of the Sabha.

P- Gandhar Raj Shakuni. You were the mastermind behind the Dyut. Tell me why you did this?

S- It's my revenge on those Dev Putra. Especially that Mahamim Bhisma. It's all because of him that my sister had to shed tears. I wanted to destroy Kuru Vansh for destroying my family. I vowed to destroy him. Destroying his favorite Pandavas is the best way to kill him. Everyone knows he has the boon Ichamrityu (can die on his own will and no one can kill if he doesn't want). Death and humiliation of the Pandavas will weaken him, and he will wish to die.

Shakuni started to explain everything he did to destroy Kuru Vansh and blamed Priya for his plan fail.

Gandhari was crying hearing all her brothers act. How could her brother use her children as a pawn. She thought. Kunti consoled her.

P- You in your vow to destroy Kuru Vansh forgot that your sister is the daughter-in-law of the same Vansh you wanted to destroy. You forgot that she blindfolded herself on her own will and no one compelled her to. Her blindfold is mostly wet due to you. I understand you love your sister so much. Did you forget, when Mahamantri Vidur proclaimed your nephews to be a bad omen, then it was your duty to show them otherwise. But no. Instead, you decided to show that they are a bad omen. Indirectly, you were telling that your sister is a bad omen. Maharani Gandhari is a strong woman. You should have known this when she blindfolded herself as well as she fought for her children's survival. Instead fighting heads on with Bhisma, who wronged you and your family, you were busy taking revenge through your nephews.

You are a great brother, warrior as well as an intelligent man. You could have fought him directly. But you didn't. You called Urvi a whore. Urvi is not only a daughter-in-law of Hastinapur. She is a daughter for your sister. Maharani Gandhari considers Urvi as her child. Did Maharani Gandhari asked you to take revenge for her?

Shakuni nodded a no. 

Then who gave you the right to do so. You used that dice made of your father's bone which listens to your command to win in the dyut. You called Urvi a whore for marrying 5 men, when all of us knows why she had to and her circumstances for the same. But no more. Guard, seize those dices and destroy it. The guards did as commanded. 

P- Maharani Gandhari, Gandhar raj is your brother. It's your right to punish him too as you are equally a victim of his acts.

Gandhari stood up and spoke.

G- I cut ties with Gandhar Raj Shakuni. I don't want a brother who uses his own nephews for his revenge. She said quivering tone.

S- No Gandhari. You are my only family. I did all this for you.

G- I didn't ask you to destroy my family. I don't want to do anything with a person like you. She shouted.

S- Gandhari. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Don't cut me off from your life. He cried.

P- I sentence culprit Shakuni to a death sentence. She spoke.

Gandhari looked away as Shakuni was taken away by the guards for his punishment.

Bhisma looked at Gandhari feeling guilty. Priya's words had an impact on him. 

He really did wrong with Gandhari. Most of the time, he neglected her and Kauravas. He promised Kunti and Gandhari of their safety and happiness, but he did so for only Kunti. He couldn't look at Gandhari because of shame.

P- Pandavas, stand in the middle of the Sabha.

They did so.

Hi guys. Long time. Sorry for not updating. Went for a vacation. 

Did you think the punishment for Jayadratha and Shakuni was apt?

Next chapter, the Pandavas will get their punishment?

What do you guys want the punishment of the Pandavas to be?

Vote and comment.