chapter twenty seven - daylight

"i don't wanna look at anything else now that i saw you."
- taylor swift

- Third Person's POV -

Amaya stepped into the cozy coffee shop, her eyes scanning the room until they landed on Brax, who was seated near the window with a book in hand.

A mischievous smile tugged at the corners of her lips as she sauntered over to his table. "Fancy meeting you here, Winters. Mind if I join?"

Brax looked up, surprise lighting up his eyes before a warm smile took over. "Amaya, always a pleasant surprise. Of course, take a seat."

Amaya gracefully slid into the chair opposite him, her gaze never leaving his. "What's the book? Anything exciting?"

"Just some light reading. You know, the usual." Brad said smirking.

"Oh, the usual. I was hoping for something scandalous." Amaya said teasingly.

Brax raised an eyebrow. "Scandalous, huh? I thought you were into the classics."

Amaya leaned in. "Classics can be scandalous too, Winters. You just have to read between the lines."

Brax chuckled, enjoying the banter as he closed his book. "So, what brings you to this little coffee haven?"

Amaya smirked. "Maybe I was hoping to run into someone interesting."

"Interesting, huh? I must be doing something right."

"Or maybe I just have impeccable taste in coffee shops." Amaya grinned.

"Is that so? Or are you just here for the company?"

Amaya leaned back. "Well, the coffee is excellent, but the company does add a certain flair."

Brax smiled. "Flair, huh? I'll take that as a compliment."

"You should. Not everyone gets my company, you know." Amaya said in mock seriousness.

"I'll cherish it, then." Brax mirrored her seriousness.

Their laughter filled the air, creating a bubble around them as they shared jokes and anecdotes. The casual conversation gradually dipped into more personal territories.

"So, Winters, anything new and exciting in your life?" Amaya asked cautiously.

"Well, aside from the usual work chaos, not much. How about you?" Brax said thoughtfully.

Amaya smirked. "Oh, you know me, always up to something. Just trying to keep life interesting."

"Interesting? Care to share your secrets?"

"Maybe one day, Winters. But for now, let's keep it mysterious."

Their eyes locked, and in that moment, the bustling coffee shop seemed to fade away. Amaya and Brax, caught in a world of their own, enjoyed the simple pleasure of each other's company, oblivious to the world around them.

- Astoria's POV -

Jackson and I entered the coffee shop and spotted Amaya and Brax. "Well, look who's here. Fancy meeting you two."