ONE

RUBY STONE STARED AT HER OLD ROOM"Mija!" Ruby's mom yelled "coming mom" she sighed walking down the stairs

"Mija!" Ruby's mom yelled "coming mom" she sighed walking down the stairs. "are you ready?" Ruby's mom asked her as her aunt pulled up in the driveway. "I'll see you soon" ruby kissed her mothers cheek and climbed into her aunts car.

"hello ruby!" Rafaella said smiling at her neice. "hello auntie" ruby put her suitcase in the backseat and sat on the opposite side of the seat.

"ruby my favourite cousin!" Noah smiled with her freckles showing in the sun "hey lil cuz, fuck you've grown" she looked up and down at Noah. "well I'm 17 now" Noah sighed and chuckled as they both closed the car doors and Rafaella started the car

——————————-

RUBY PUT HER AIRPODS IN, listening to "unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield, and was also listening to her family's conversation Noah was reading "pride and prejudice"

"what are you reading?" Rafaella asked her daughter, even tho Noah wasn't happy with the new arrangements as she glared at her mother and rolling her eyes.

Ruby took one AirPod out "Noah just answer her" Ruby said crossing her arms.

"Just tell me" the woman said not letting the silence carry on but still didn't get an answer from the girl "I'm not wearing my glasses, you not talking to me?"

Noah had barely talk to Rafaella after she told Noah she was moving and Ruby was going with her. Noah was giving Rafaella the cold shoulder and Ruby hated it.

"She's reading Pride and Prejudice auntie" Ruby leaned closer to her aunt and whispering in her ear and Rafaella smiling "thank you ruby" Rafaella smiled back. "What are you listening to Sweetie?" Rafaella looked at the brunette.

"I'm listening to unwritten" Ruby smiled and looked out the window, sensing the sad tension Ruby had.

"Damn it noah we finally have the opportunity to be the main character of our own lives" Rafaella said

"Of ur life mom. cause ours is a thousand miles away. now Ruby and I are by ourselves on a fucking whim" Noah complained

"Well I'm excited actually noah because I haven't left the house in weeks because of what my ex did" Ruby said taking one AirPod out. "I know" Noah sighed

"well I don't care—me and will are inlove" Rafaella yelled slightly side-eyeing her daughter.

"guys can we not fight please-" Ruby gets cut off by her younger cousin yelling.

"I was inlove with Dan, and you didn't care" Noah yelled.

"my god" Ruby whispered to herself

"That's not true. I didn't want to keep you away from Dan and your friends!" Rafaella slightly yelled.

"well technically my best friend used me to get to my ex boyfriend so I don't have anyone besides noah" Ruby raised her hand and laughed.

"You are Seventeen and Ruby is twenty-one with that attitude you'll make friends in no time and ruby I'm sorry for what happened to you" Rafaella smiled at her neice.

"I'm not in the mood for jokes" Noah says flipping the page on her book aggressively

"Baby st marie is a great school Their volleyball team's great. surely in no time, you'll be captain also there's a singing program for Ruby" Rafaella explained but Noah wasn't interested.

"wait really auntie?" Ruby said leaning forward with her butterfly tattoo on show "of course rubes" Rafaella smiled at her.

"No mom you don't get it do you!? I don't want to go to a fancy school and I'm sure ruby will have a blast there! especially if a stranger is paying for it " Noah yelled ruby wanted to butt in but she had no hope and she rolled her brown eyes

"He is not a stranger he is my husband so please get used to it" Rafaella said but it was pissing Noah off.

"Congratulations again auntie" Ruby smiled.

———————

WELCOME TO MY NEW BOOK!!

so I know people will probably come at me for using ariana grande as a face claim but somehow she just fits Ruby Stone. + I'm excited for her to meet Nick considering her humour is hilarious. not in this chapter but her humour is hilarious

 not in this chapter but her humour is hilarious