17 | Coriolanus Snow

Once the excitment died down and the mentors were out of sight, all the attention went on Treech

Once the excitment died down and the mentors were out of sight, all the attention went on Treech. Coral and her pack, specifically seemed rather invested in him as they made their way back into the arena.

"What was that back there, huh?" Coral taunted as she shoved his shoulder, "Your little girlfrined come to visit you?"

"What's it to you?" Treech responded, clenching his jaw as the pack surrounded him. 

"We're just trying to figure out what's so special about you for you to be recieving special treatment," chimed in Tanner, "Cause I'm not seeing anything." 

"I haven't gotten any special treatment," Treech spat back, "She wasn't here for me."

"That's too bad," Coral retaliated, "Maybe if she were, she'd be able to save you."

With a laugh Coral jumped forward, lunging toward Treech with her trident. The boy from Seven ducked out of the way just in time, sliding on the ground near Bobbin's body. Frantically, Treech's eyes scanned the ground for something to defend himself, quickly landing on a bloody club.

"Come at me," Treech taunted, tightening his grip on the club as he faced the pack. With that, the group let out a scoff. Within a second, Tanner was jumping forward, swinging his sickle at Treech, the blade barely slicing Treech's arm before Treech swung the club, knocking Tanner to the ground with a grunt.

"Good one, Lumberjack," Coral teased as Mizzen went to go help Tanner, "Just not good enough."

Treech clenched his jaw at the nickname. It clearly wasn't as sweet coming from Coral.

"I think Tanner thinks differently," Treech spat back, swinging the club at Coral, missing the girl, but hitting her trident out of her hand. As the girl scurried to pick up the trident, Treech stepped forward, kicking Coral in the gut before taking off, not looking back the entire time he ran. 

There was no way he'd be able to take all three of them with only this club, it would only be a matter of time before they overpowered him. He needed to hide.

Coral, clearly frustrated, let out a loud shriek.

"Just you wait, Lumberjack," Coral taunted, standing up with a loud stomp, "We may not have gotten you now, but your little lover won't be able to save you for much longer. Not with that wound of hers."