20 | Rainbow of Destruction

"Morning, Vera

"Morning, Vera. How are you today?" asked Festus as Vera entered the room for the fourth day of the games. 

"Never been better," Vera replied, smiling as she took her seat. A few moments later, an annoyed Coriolanus walked through the door, eyes instantly landing on Vera but she just ignored him, keeping her gaze on the screen.

Just like the previous days, nothing seemed to happen in the arena for a while, only a few tributes coming out for breakfast -- including Treech. But he didn't stay for too long, coming out only to grab his food and leave.

From the corner of her eye, Vera could see Coriolanus talking to Dr. Gaul before touching his coat pocket and heading for the door with a look of determination.

That snake. Of course, he's planning to cheat, Vera thought as she let out a scoff, causing Festus to turn to her with a confused glance.

"What's got you so annoyed?" asked Festus, confused by Vera's sudden shift in attitude.

"Don't worry about it," Vera replied with a wink. Festus quickly turned around after that, awkwardly blushing as he mumbled 'What's gotten into her?'

The arena remained barren for a while after all the tributes came out to get their food. That was until Wovey decided to make her first appearance.  

The little girl looked much skinnier than she had prior to the games, though Vera wasn't sure how that was possible seeing as the girl was already a twig when she got off the train. But then, Vera noticed something odd. 

Even as food arrived for little Wovey, the girl seemed to be too stuck in her daze, neglecting her food in favor of her empty water bottle.

That's odd, Vera thought. Where could she have gotten the water bottle? She hadn't been seen since the games began.

But what was even weirder was the way Wovey clawed at the ground for some water, haphazardly throwing a bottle open and chugging it before slumping against the wall and going still.

"What just happened?" Vera asked as she stared up at the little girl, noticing an odd liquid dripping from the corner of her mouth. 

"She's dead," Urban announced, perplexed as well.