24 | The Fall of the Lumberjack - Alternate End

Only two left

Only two left. Treech just had to get through Lucy Gray and Reaper. He could do it, right? 

He had to. He had to come back to Vera.

Still, Vera was nervous seeing as none of the tributes seemed to be making a move. Treech was still sitting on the scoreboard across from Reaper, who currently was staring at the wall. And Lucy Gray was crouched down in the arena by a puddle.

But the look of fear and determination in their eyes made it clear that they were all planning their attacks. Treech needed to be careful.

But of course, he was the first to move. Sneaking his way down from the scoreboard and behind a barrier without making a noise.  He's going for Lucy Gray. Vera bit her lip anxiously as she waited for Treech to make his move, desperately hoping that he had the ability to overpower her.

After a few moments of silence, Treech finally made his move, sprinting toward an alarmed Lucy Gray. She tried desperately to escape and hide, but Treech was much faster, grabbing onto her arm to stop her.

But Lucy Gray was smart. She was not going to let Treech win this. So, she threw herself on the ground, forcing Treech to stumble and fall with her. Quickly the boy tried to put his hand out to soften his fall, causing his grip on the axe to loosen.

Lucy Gray then took the opportunity to reach for the axe, but Treech refused to give it up. Still, Lucy Gray continued to try, knocking the axe out of his hand and sending it flying toward the corner of the arena.

The two exchanged a shocked look before crawling toward the axe, only stopping when they noticed the way the snake trailed around it. Quickly, they both jumped out of the way as the snake lunged for them. 

Treech stared at the snake in shock as he tried to think of a plan. But nothing seemed to be coming to mind. Lucy Gray also seemed quite panicked, looking between the snake and the axe as she breathed heavily.

Come on, Treech. Think of something. Please.

Back in Heavensbee Hall, Vera was beginning to panic, getting closer and closer to the screen as she pleaded with Treech to figure something out. The entire hall had grown quiet as they watched the fight, silently picking who they wanted to win.

But Vera needed it to be Treech.

Lucy Gray however seemed to have other plans, taking a leap of faith as she quickly picked up the snake and threw it at Treech with her eyes closed. Treech's eyes widened in fear as he flailed around, trying to grab the snake as it slithered up to his neck.