22 | Final Three

Only two left, Treech thought as he scanned the arena

Only two left, Treech thought as he scanned the arena. Reaper and Lucy Gray.

Reaper, the strong boy from Eleven who had done nothing these games but take care of dead bodies. And Lucy Gray, the songbird who spent the entire time hiding. 

An odd combination. But not an easy one either.

Currently, Reaper sat in the stands, back facing the arena. Something he does quite often. But that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be easy to take him out that way.

And Lucy Gray. Well, she'd finally come out of hiding and was now mysteriously huddled over a puddle. Did her mentor forget to send her water? That seemed unlikely, seeing as the blonde boy looked rather infatuated with her just a few days ago.

But then again, that could've all been an act. And now that the games had begun and the boy realized she probably wouldn't win, he gave up on her.

Treech took one more glance at his opponents and the surrounding area before forming a strategy.

Lucy Gray might've been easier to take out, but the straggling snakes on the outskirts of the arena might be a problem.

On the other hand, Reaper was currently distracted by something on the wall and Treech could use the element of surprise to take him out, but that wouldn't last very long and even Treech knew there was no winning a fight against Reaper.

So, even though Treech feared the snakes, he knew going for Lucy Gray would be his best bet.

Slowly, the boy began to creep down from the scoreboard, making sure not to draw any attention to himself as he crept his way through the stands and behind the barricade.

And with one last breath, Treech broke out of the barrier and charged toward Lucy Gray.

Lucy Gray, now aware of Treech's ambush, quickly tried to make a run for it, but the boy seemed to be much faster than her, gripping her wrist tightly as he pulled her back.

Lucy Gray, however, did not go down without a fight, harshly pulling herself and Treech to the ground as she fought to grab the axe, but only sending it flying toward the edge of the arena.

Instinctively, both tributes reached out for the axe, crawling toward it desperately only to find a new source of terror.