✨seventeen✨

As the days went by, Taehyung found success in his role at the school. The salary met his expectations, and the head teacher and other colleagues were welcoming and supportive.

However, there was an underlying unease in Taehyung's interactions with Hojin.

Despite Hojin's friendly demeanor, Taehyung couldn't shake the feeling of discomfort, as Hojin's lingering stares left him feeling unsettled.

Even though Hojin smiled and spoke kindly to him, there was a lingering sense of unease in their interactions.

Hojin consistently found reasons to be in close proximity to Taehyung, making Taehyung feel uneasy.

Meanwhile, Jungkook remained unchanged, still spending most of his time at home just like before.

***

After a month of teaching, Taehyung picked up Aeri and left the school as the day ended at 3 pm.

They made a stop at the grocery store on their way home, and there Taehyung unexpectedly ran into his mother.

They had a lengthy conversation and even grabbed a meal together at the nearby cafe close to the grocery store.

Taehyung's mother took Aeri with her because she wanted to spend some time with her, and Aeri didn't cry when she was in her grandmother's arms, so Taehyung let her take Aeri.

Mrs. Kim promised Taehyung that she would come to his home at night to drop Aeri off.

Taehyung bid goodbye to his mother and his daughter, then left for home with groceries.

***

Once he reached home, he saw no one in the living room.

He went to the kitchen and placed the grocery bags there, then he went towards the bedroom.

As Taehyung entered the bedroom, he was met with the sight of Jungkook lying on his stomach at the edge of the bed, absentmindedly running his hand along the bedside table.

Without hesitation, Taehyung joined him, settling on top of Jungkook and resting his head against Jungkook's back.

Jungkook remained silent, allowing Taehyung to have his way.

"Did you eat?" Taehyung asked, toying with Jungkook's earrings. Jungkook just hummed in response, his hand still lingering on the table.

"Where's Aeri?" Jungkook asked.

"She's with my mom... I ran into her at the grocery store and she wanted to spend some time with Aeri. She said she'll drop her off later tonight," Taehyung replied, still playing with Jungkook's earrings.

"Do you want something?", Jungkook questioned, surprised by Taehyung's unusual behavior.

"Nothing," Taehyung replied before moving from on top of Jungkook and laying beside him on his back.

Jungkook tilted his head to look at Taehyung, curious about the sudden change.

"Are you sure?" Jungkook questioned, wrapping his arms around Taehyung's waist.

Taehyung nodded, looking at Jungkook.

They stayed in that position for what seemed like an eternity, Jungkook observing Taehyung's expression.

After some time, Taehyung turned his body towards Jungkook and wrapped his arms around him, which was OF COURSE surprising for Jungkook.

"I'm asking you again, do you want something?" Jungkook questioned curiously as he tightened his grip around Taehyung's waist, pulling him closer and attaching their bodies together.