Theater of the Doomed

Mr. LeFranc is on a stage talking to the Crystal Cove Haunted Historical Society about how the town was once saved by Friar Serra, Adam, and their donkey Porto.

Mr. LeFranc: Welcome, volunteer stage hands. Thanks to your court-ordered community service, you get to be a part of this yearly tradition where we theatrically recreate something horrid from our city's sordid past. And what could be more horrid than that night 500 years ago when a terrifying earthquake sent the first town of Crystal Cove sinking into the sea? All would have perished if it weren't for the brave efforts of Friar Gabriello Serra, his friend, Adam, and their trusty donkey Porto. And I'm very pleased to announce that the role of Friar Serra and Adam will be played by none other than Crystal Cove High's master thespian Doogle McGinnis and his brother, Doug Mcginnis!

The two brothers dance out.

Doogle: Ta! How's everybody doing?

Mr. LeFranc: Well, Doogle, ready to rehearse?

Doug: Cha! You bet! But, um, what's with the dead guy?

They see a box with the original Friar in it.

Mr. LeFranc: Burlington library sent over genuine artifacts to help lend our production authenticity, including the mummified body of Friar Serra himself. Isn't that wonderful?

The lights turned off.

Mr. LeFranc: What happened to the lights?

The box opens and the corpse of Fiar Serra rises as everyone runs. Serra knocks Doug and Doogle away as Seera rises in the air.

Seera: Anyone who dares tell my story is doomed!

The next night, Daphne, Y/N, along with Shaggy and Scooby, help Fred and Nova sneak into her house as Velma wheels in something.

Daphne: Up the servant staircase, quick!

Fred: But Daphne, Y/N, you don't have to do this.

Daphne: Yes, Fred, we do. You can't keep living by the river in the Mystery Machine. You're beginning to smell.

Fred: But I've been using my hobo soap.

Y/N: I'm sorry, you're hobo soap?

Fred: A pinecone dipped in deer sweat and scented with ferret musk. Blech.

Y/N: Gross, Fred.

They go upstairs as Y/N and Daphne close the curtains.

Daphne: You and Nova should be okay in here. Bathroom's in there. There's real soap in the shower. Use it.

Scooby looks at Nova.

Scooby: I'll visit you every day.

Velma: But before you do. I need to talk with you all. You're probably wondering what this is.

She gestures towards something covered in cloth.

Fred: I'm just excited to see electric lights again.

Velma sighs.

Velma: I've cobbled together a rudimentary player for the Planospheric Disc. The sooner we find out what this is supposed to do, the sooner we'll solve the mystery of the cursed treasure.

She puts the piece on, and it spins, and it types out the word, Nibiru.

Gang: Nibiru!

Daphne: That's the same word Abigail Gluck said!