Gates of Gloom

The gang arrives at an airport in Crystal Cove, alongside Mayor Nettles and Velma's mom after securing the Heart of the Jaguar.

Fred: Wow, Mayor Nettles, that was some kind of exciting. I don't think I've ever flown that low entering U.S. airspace before.

Mayor Nettles: Uh, Fred, let's not mention that to anyone, okay? Especially homeland security. Now, you kids take good care of that spear thingy.

Scooby: Seriously? It's called the heart of the jaguar.

Mayor Nettles: Exactly.

The plane then flies off as the gang watches.

Shaggy: Like, watching a big, majestic plane soar off into the heavens, hee, hee, hee, it makes me feel a need. I feel the need for-

Scooby: Pizza.

Shaggy: Like, Scoob, is there any other need?

Scooby: Yeah. The need for ice cream and cookies and Scooby Snax and more Scooby Snax.

After dropping off Velma's mom at the Spook Museum, the streets of Crystal Cove have become deserted as they are filled with holes.

Daphne: What happened to the street?

Fred: It looks like some kind of earthquake.

Shaggy: Like, zoinks. Where is everybody?

They pass the school, and it is destroyed as Sheriff Stone runs up to the van as Fred hits the brakes.

Sheriff Stone: They're gone! Everyone! Gone!

At the Sheriff's office the gang was there with Mayor Nettles and Sheriff Stone.

Y/N: Sheriff calm down, what happened?

Sheriff Stone: There I was, talking to my deputy, and whoosh! He was gone. Pulled down below.

Mayor Nettles: Please, Bronson, you're scaring me.

Sheriff Stone: I'm scaring myself. And I hate it. I hate it! Make it stop!

He was hitting his chair against the wall when a rumble was felt, and Mayor Nettles and Sheriff Stone vanished underground.

Shaggy: Sheriff!

Scooby: Mayor Nettles!

Shaggy: Something pulled them under.

Scooby covers Shaggy's mouth.

Scooby: Don't move. Or breathe.

The cracks approach the gang but stops.

Fred: Scooby's right. Whatever's down there seems to be attracted to movement and sound.

Y/N: Everyone stay perfectly still. Do not move.

The cracks go around the gang and leave the building.

Velma: Jinkies! My mom! We left her at the Broken Spine.

The gang drive off towards the Spook Museum and they enter, and Velma runs in.

Velma: Mom? Mom!

Inside the entire floor was destroyed as Angie was nowhere to be seen.

Velma: She's gone.

Daphne: We'll find her, Velm, and bring her back. We'll bring them all back.

Shaggy: Yeah, But, like, back from where?