8 - Teach Me

It had been a few days since I fell asleep on Steve but neither of us spoke of it and it was kind of annoying. I mean I wanted to talk but anytime I would bring it up Sam would walk in, or Steve would walk away. I was annoyed and needed a way to get rid of my stress and anger. I changed into some leggings and a sports bra. I came down the stairs while putting my hair in a ponytail.

"Where are you going?" Sam asked and I groaned as I went to go out the door.

"I'm going to run the trail that basically goes in a circle. I need to relieve some tension." I said and Sam groaned.

"Let me go with you." Sam said and I shook my head.

"I want to go alone. I need to be alone." I said.

"And if someone knows where we are, and you get caught?" Sam asked.

"I can fight them off Sam." I said and he laughed. He walked over to me and shoved me. I lost my balance and fell over landing on my butt.

"Yeah, you can't even keep your balance when I barely nudge you. So, there is no way you can defend yourself." Sam said and I groaned.

"Okay fine, I have another idea." I said.

"What?" Sam asked.

"While Steve is out shopping, why don't you teach me how to fight. You both sit here and talk about how worried you are about me and my safety and never leave me alone. So, teach me how to fight." I said and Sam groaned.

"Romy, I don't know if Steve would be happy..." Sam said.

"Damnit Sam! I can't just sit here and be a liability. I'm not saying I want to fight in some great war as an avenger or whatever, but I feel like I should have some hand-to-hand combat training..." I said and Sam sighed but nodded.

"Go outside and stretch. I will be out in a few minutes. I need to go change." Sam said and headed into his room. I walked outside and started using the porch railing to help stretch, bend and get limber.

After about 10 minutes Sam came outside in some sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"Okay I will teach you the basic fighting skills but honestly if Steve asks, you already knew this stuff and it didn't come from me." Sam said and I rolled my eyes.

"Are you really scared of Steve? I mean he is just a teddy bear honestly." I said and Sam laughed.

"Not until recently. His is taking the "on-the-run" thing so far. He knows we're secluded here and most likely safe, but he still worries." Sam said and I just half nodded.

"Whatever, just teach me Sam." I said and he nodded. We walked down to the yard and started working.

◼◼◼

Sam taught me a lot of basic skills and fighting stances. He was now sparing with me slightly making sure I could maneuver and work around his moves and get out of any compromising position I may be put in.

As we were sparing the car pulling the and parked by the garage. Steve got our grabbing the groceries. He walked around to the front of the house and saw what we were doing.

"What the hell is going on?!" Steve asked and I groaned. I looked at Sam and shook my head slightly. I knew I had to run this conversation.

"I asked Sam to teach me how to fight. I needed to have some knowledge of what to do. Things happen Steve." I said and he groaned.

"I don't like it Romy! I wanted you to stay as innocent as you could! This isn't a game!" Steve yelled and I groaned.

"I never said it was Steve! I know it's not a game! Also, I'm not innocent in all of this. Did you forget you busted me out of the Raft too? Did you forget I was put in there by Ross. I needed training!" I said raising my voice. Steve just walked inside to put everything away. I looked at Sam "Come on, let's continue." I said and Sam groaned.

"Fine." Sam said and we continued to fight and spare. Steve came outside and watched from the porch, but I didn't let it get to me. He could get over it as far as I was concerned.

"I thought I forbid this..." Steve said leaving on the porch pillar. I scoffed and stopped fighting Sam. I put my hands on my hips and looked at Steve.

"Forbid me?!" I asked.

"Yeah, forbid you." Steve said coming down the porch steps coming to stand in front of me.

"Well, you aren't my father, you aren't my boyfriend or my guardian. You're nothing and have nothing to say." I said and Steve just clenched his jaw.

"I'm your Captain, you will listen to me." Steve growled.

"Newsflash Steve! You aren't Captain America anymore! You are just Steve Rogers!" I yelled and shoved him. He moved slightly but I moved the most. He just smirked.

"How are you going to be able to fight someone if you can't even move me?" Steve said and I groaned.

"Spare with me."

"What?!" Steve asked.

"Spare with me! Let me show you what Sam has taught me. You win, I stop fighting and learning. I win, you become my teacher..." I said and Sam shook his head knowing this was a bad idea. Steve didn't even notice.

"Fine, done. Let me go change." Steve said and walked into the house. Sam rushed up to me and grabbed my arm.

"Are you insane?! He could hurt you!" Sam said and I smiled at him.

"He's getting cocky. I know what I can do. Just trust me." I said and Sam groaned.

Steve came walking out of the house changed and walked down the stairs and right up to me.

"Ready beauty queen?" Steve asked and I groaned.

"Let's go." I said annoyed as Sam walked up to the porch and sat on the steps. We separated and Sam sighed.

"And GO!" Sam yelled and Steve charged me, and I moved to the side, tripping him as he ran by me. This was so simple. I quickly flipped Steve to his back and then sat on him straddling him pinning his arms at his side. I leaned down close to his face and just looked at him.

"This beauty queen can hold her own even against you Captain." I said and Steve growled as I swiveled my hips a little bit and I felt Steve growing hard as he bucked his hips up. I leaned down and kissed Steve's cheek. I then got up from straddling him. "Now that I have proven my point...I'm going to take a shower." I said walked in the cabin feeling proud of myself and was trying hard to deny the sexual tension I felt sitting on top of Steve, it was there clearly but would it ever be acted upon.