22 - Come Back to Me

Steve and I were lying in bed that night after talking to Tony. Sarah was fast asleep after having a final feeding for a few hours. I had my head on his chest, his arm around me and neither of us were talking. We knew what we wanted to say and what we needed to talk about, but we didn't know how to start it.

"Romy...if something happens and this goes sideways -..." Steve trailed off and I just sighed sitting up to look at him and he did the same.

"I don't want to think about that Steve." I said and he shook his head.

"We have to. If this goes south, I don't want you doing anything stupid and try and save us." Steve said.

"Like you did when you went to the raft?" I asked and Steve chuckled, and he nodded.

"Yes, like that. I want you to stay here in Wakanda. Live out your life with Sarah here. T'Challa, Shuri and Romanda have already said they would be more than happy to have you stay here with them." Steve said and I sighed but gave a small nod.

"I will stay and not do anything stupid, but you have to promise me something Rogers." I said and he looked down at me.

"What's that?" Steve asked.

I placed a hand on his cheek and gave him a sad smile.

"Come home to me and Sarah. Don't leave us alone." I said and he slightly shook his head.

"I wouldn't leave you unless I didn't have a choice. I love you Romy." Steve said. He leaned in close to me.

"I love you too." Our lips brushing as I closed the rest of the small distance and passionately kissed Steve. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me. Steve pulled our lips apart.

"Romy, we can't..." Steve said and I sighed with a small smile.

"I was cleared when I went to the doctor yesterday. Normal activity." I said and Steve smiled as his lips attached to me again.

This was different than usual and I knew it was mostly likely because I just had a baby and was just cleared but Steve was being slow, gentle and passionate. He gently laid me down on the bed as we worked on getting my nightshirt...or Steve's t-shirt I always slept in off, Steve took his off at the same time and he leaned down and started kissing my neck and I moaned as he did. I watched him kiss down my body and I smiled as he reached my core removing my panties and I felt his hot breath between my legs he pried apart. We made eye contact and he slowly slid in 2 fingers and I arched my hips at the feelings.

"Oh god..." I moaned out. It had been too long without his touch.

Steve smiled and placed a hand on my stomach to slowly push me down and to hold me down as he kept slowly pumping and swirling his fingers. I watched him disappear between my legs after placing my one leg over his shoulder. I felt his tongue flick my clit and I threw my head back with a cry...entirely too long.

Soon I was writhing and clenching around Steve's fingers. I reached down and placed a hand on the back of his head holding him in place. He moaned on me which sent me over the edge. I gripped his hair as I released. Once I was shaking and coming down from my high, Steve was running his lips back up my body and causing a beard burn which set me on fire in so many ways.

He settled between my open legs and just looked down at me as he hovered over me.

"I have missed you Ro..." Steve said and I nodded in agreement knowing I had felt the same way. He lined himself up with me and slowly slid into me and I moaned as I wrapped my arms around Steve and held on and he started slowly thrusting in and out of me. He closed his eyes and groaned at the feeling of finally being back inside of me. He leaned down and kissed my neck as he thrusted in me going as deep as he could.

"God...yes..." I whispered out and Steve sighed in my ear and I knew he was loving this feeling as much as I was. After a few more hard thrusts I felt myself clenching around Steve and he could feel it as well. He kept pumping in and out of me. I clawed at his back as he leaned down and passionately kissed me as I released and he was right behind me, releasing inside of me. I felt him coating me on the inside and I moaned at the feeling.

Once we both released Steve rolled off of me and pulled me close to his side under the blanket he pulled up. I sighed contently and Steve kissed the top of my head.

"That was not what I expected tonight but I'm not complaining." Steve said and I smiled at him.

"Just something to hold you over until you come back." I said and Steve passionately kissed me again.

"Well, if it has to hold me while I'm gone, I guess we need a few more rounds..." Steve said, and I laughed as he pulled on to his lap to straddle him.

◼ ◼ ◼

The next morning, I left Sarah with Shuri and Romanda after Steve told her his goodbye so I could see Steve off. I walked with him to the quinjet holding his hand the whole way. Once we got to the quinjet Steve turned to look at me. He cupped my face.

"I love you Romy." Steve said as tears filled my eyes.

"I love you too. Please just come back to me in one piece. Sarah and I need you." I whimpered out. Steve just nodded and then passionately kissed me. Once we broke apart, he put his forehead on mine and sighed.

"This isn't how I planned to do this..." Steve said, and I just looked at him once he pulled away.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Romy, will you marry me?" Steve asked and I just looked at him.

"What?!" I asked in shock.

"I want you to be my wife Romy. I love you, I will always love you and I want you to be my forever. You, me and Sarah. Then once this is over and we can move on...with each other and whoever else might come along. I want it all with you Romy. Please, will you marry me?" Steve asked and I smiled at him as the tears were falling freely now.

I nodded, "Yes, yes I will marry you." I sobbed.

Steve leaned in and passionately kissed me. Everyone around us was watching.

"No ring Steve?" Nat asked in shock, and I laughed.

"I don't care, I don't need one." I said and Steve shook his head.

"You will get one, don't worry." Steve said and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever Steve, I don't care. I just want you to come home to me...please." I said and he nodded.

"I will." Steve said. We hugged and kissed one more time. I hugged Nat and Sam and even Tony.

"Keep them safe or it's your head Stark." I said and he looked at me.

"You can be scary." Tony said.

"And don't you forget it." I laughed as he walked on the quinjet. I watched the hatch close watching Steve disappear out of sight and then the jet took off. T'Challa walked up to me as I wiped tears away.

"Well, the future Mrs. Rogers, shall we go get Sarah and have some breakfast?" T'Challa asked and I smiled with a nod.