17 - Breakfast, Ultrasound & Bucky

I woke up the next morning wrapped in Steve's arms and I smiled as I rolled over to look at him. He was sleeping and looked so peaceful.

I leaned in and placed my lips on his gently. He smirked in his sleep but he was still fast asleep. I easily got out of bed and found maternity clothes sitting folded on the dresser and I smiled. I found a pale yellow t-shirt with some black maternity jeans and slip on tennis shoes. I took a quick shower then got dressed. I left Steve a note and I left the room.

"Romy?" I heard a voice say and I turned to see a woman walking towards me I didn't know.

"Yes?" I asked as she walked up to me and hugged me.

"My name is Shuri, I'm T'Challa's sister." She said and I smiled at her.

"Oh well nice to meet you. I wasn't quite sure where to go and Steve is still asleep." I said and she smiled, linking her arm in mind.

"Well you have a mini super solider in you so I'm guessing you're hungry?" Shuri said and I nodded. "Let's go get you some food. Breakfast should be ready by now." Shuri said as we walked through the palace and headed to the dining area. T'Challa was there with Wanda, Vision, Nat and Sam.

"Romy, so nice of you to join us." T'Challa said and I smiled as I took a seat next to Shuri.

"Thank god Shuri found me. I think I would have gotten lost." I said with a small laugh.

"Will the Captain be joining us?" Vision asked.

"He was still sleeping when I left the room. He has been so concerned about me and taking care of me I don't think he has slept a full night in months." I said. I rubbed my stomach knowing this was one of the reasons Steve wasn't sleeping. I then looked at Wanda. "I don't know what you did but you got the baby to stop kicking so hard and I thank you." I said and she smiled.

"We just had a small conversation and I explained how you couldn't take the pain and to wait until it came out to kick its daddy." Wanda said and we all laughed.

"When was your last check up?" Shuri asked and I looked at Nat.

"About 2 months ago right?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, we were planned to have one in a few days but since we had to run..." Nat explained.

"No worries we can check you out here." Shuri said and I smiled.

"Oh perfect. Maybe after breakfast, once Steve is awake." I said and she Shuri nodded.

We started eating breakfast and soon Steve was walking in the room. He walked over to me and gave me a small kiss.

"Good morning." He whispered against my lips.

"Good morning." I said and he sat down beside me. He dished out some food. "Sorry I left without you this morning, you just looked like you could use the sleep." I said and Steve smiled.

"It's fine Romy. Just as long as you are taking care of yourself." Steve said and I smiled.

"Of course, Shuri found me and brought me down here. Then she said after breakfast we can check on the baby." I said and he smiled, looking at Shuri.

"Really?" Steve asked and Shuri nodded.

"Of course." Shuri said and Steve smiled at me.

◼◼◼

We walked with Shuri to the medical wing, and she escorted Steve and I into a room. I sat on the exam table, and she smiled.

"Now I can do an ultrasound to check the size and heartbeat, make sure everything I well but I would like to take some blood from you as well Romy. In case you are here when you give birth and something goes wrong, we can find someone to give you blood." Shuri said and I nodded. I saw Steve tense up.

"Always have to talk about the possibilities Steve." I said and he groaned.

"I know, I just don't like it." Steve said and I half nodded.

"Okay time to see this baby." Shuri said excitedly. I laid down on the exam table as Shuri set everything up. Once the gel was on my stomach and she was moving the dopler around. I watched the screen knowing this would be the first time we go to see the baby since we hadn't had an ultrasound yet. I grabbed Steve's hand and we waited.

"There's the baby." Shuri said and was pointing out the baby to Steve and me, but it was pretty obvious what the baby was. My eyes pooled with tears looking at this little life Steve and I created. I looked at Steve and he was feeling the same way I was. He leaned in and gave me a small kiss.

"Were you two wanting to know what the gender was?" Shuri asked. It was something I hadn't even thought about.

"Oh um..." I said.

"No. I don't want to know." Steve said and I smiled.

"Me either."

"Surprises, I like it." Shuri said.

"Well, this baby was a surprise so why not wait to find out." I said and Steve nodded with a small laugh.

"Valid point." Steve said and I nodded. Shuri gave us pictures from the ultrasound and then Steve looked at Shuri.

"Shuri, I did have a nonbaby related question..." Steve said, and she sighed seeming to know what he was going to say.

"He is still in cryo. We are working hard to find something to help him." Shuri said and Steve hung his head.

"Can we still seem him in cryo?" Steve asked.

"Of course, I can take you in now if you would like." Shuri said as I got off the table.

"I can let you go alone, if you would like." I said and Steve shook his head taking my hand.

"No, I want you to come and see Bucky." Steve said and I smiled at him meekly as we left the exam room and then headed down to another part of the lab. We walked through some double doors, and I just looked around the lab in amazement. This was beyond anything I had ever seen, Wakanda was certainly ahead of its time in technology.

Shuri walked us through another door and there was a room with a cryo chamber in it. Steve stopped and just looked.

"Hey Bucky." Steve whispered and I gave a small smile. I saw Shuri quietly leave the room. Steve let go of my hand and walked a little closer to the chamber. "I got the girl Buck and you're not here to see it." Steve said and then shot a glance back at me and smiled.

"This a thing between you two?" I asked and Steve huffed a laugh.

"Before I came back to the cabin, I came here to watch him be put under and he told me to make it right with you and stop being so damn gruff." Steve explained.

"Well, that didn't happen." I said and he laughed.

"No but you loved it too." Steve said and I nodded.

"That I did, sometimes..." I said and Steve smiled.

"Well, I wanted him to know, I got you, you are in my life now Romy. You and our baby." Steve said and knelt down in front of me and kissed my stomach. The baby gave a small kick which was so much better since Wanda had talked to the baby.

"He would be so happy for you Steve, I know he would I may not have known Bucky or anything, but I bet he would be so happy for you. You are finally getting the life you deserve." I said and Steve placed his forehead on my stomach then he looked up at me with a smile.

"The life we both deserve." Steve said and I nodded as he stood up. He leaned down and gave me a small kiss. We broke apart and Steve chuckled. "If Bucky was awake, he would have totally made gagging noises when we kissed." Steve said and we both laughed.