11 - Nat Arrives

It had been a few weeks since Sam came back from seeing his sister and dropped the news that Ross was looking for all of us still mostly me and Steve. I was lying in bed and relaxing when there was a knock on the front door. Steve was out in town getting supplies and Sam was checking the perimeter. I was never supposed to be alone, but we figured we would be safe for 10 minutes while Sam checked. I quietly got out of bed and walked down the stairs quietly. I tried looking out a window but there was no one there. I had a fear someone was there to get us and was just hiding out of sight. I grabbed the cellphone Steve got me and tried calling Sam.

"The voicemail is not set up on this phone." The automated voice said and disconnected the call. The same happened when I called Steve. I was truly alone and had no clue what to do. I knew this was it, they probably had Sam and Steve already and now it was time they came to get me.

I didn't do anything and just hid as well as I could until they knocked again.

"Sam? Steve? Romy? Anyone?!" I heard the voice yelled and I came out from hiding.

"What the fuck?" I asked and rushed to the door. I flung it open, and I saw her standing there.

"Nat?" I asked and she looked at me and smiled as we wrapped each other in a hug.

"What are you doing here?!" I asked as we broke apart and then I rushed away from her.

"Oh god, are you here to arrest us? You were on the other side of the fight, right?" I asked and Nat sighed.

"I may have been on Tony's side, but I see why Steve did what he did and since he found you, I'm really on his side. You're the one main reason why I'm here." Nat said as we walked in the house and sat in the living room.

"Me? Why me?" I asked.

"Steve and Sam know you can protect yourself but wanted a little bit mor protection. Which then leaving you alone now was dumb." Nat said and I laughed.

"Sam is supposed to be around just checking the perimeter. Don't know where he is though." I said and Nat sighed as the front door opened and Sam came walking in.

"Nat! When did you get here?" Sam asked and she sighed.

"Just now, thanks for telling Romy. She was scared." Nat said and I nodded.

"Yeah, a little heads up." I said.

"Steve wanted to surprise you." Sam said and I groaned. I heard the car pull up outside.

"Steve's home." Sam said.

"Let me go out and greet him." I said annoyed and walked outside.

"Oh, this should be good." Sam smirked to Nat as they walked to the kitchen window to look out.

"Hey! You should have sent Sam out to help me." Steve said and I walked up to him. He pulled me into a passionate kiss, and I moaned almost forgetting I was upset he didn't tell me anything. Once we broke apart, I punched his arm.

"What the hell? Rough foreplay now?" Steve asked and I groaned.

"No, that's for not telling me you called Nat to come and also be a babysitter." I said and Steve groaned knowing then Nat had arrived.

"Why are you mad? We could always use the help and honestly anything to keep you safer." Steve said and I just sighed.

"You still could have told me Steve. I had the right to know." I said and he nodded.

"I know, I'm sorry I should have said something." Steve said and I nodded.

"And where is she going to sleep? I mean I have my room and you and Sam both have rooms..." I said and then giggled as Steve gripped me by my hips and pulled me flush against him and I placed my hands on his chest.

"Ro, you haven't slept in your bed in weeks...I think it's safe to say Nat can have your room." Steve said and I laughed.

"Maybe I wanted to sleep in my room, but you never let me leave your bed." I said and he growled.

"You don't need to leave my bed when we are in there." Steve said and brushed his lips against mine.

"Okay well I have two questions for you." I said and Steve looked at me oddly.

"Which would be?" Steve asked.

"Well Nat will need noise canceling headphones, like Sam's. Did you get her some?" I asked and Steve nodded.

"Of course, I did." Steve said.

"Okay next question. Did you get me my rocky road ice cream?" I asked and he nodded.

"I did. I know how to please my girl." Steve said giving me one more small kiss and then released me. We started get the groceries from the car and head inside. Once inside we set everything down and Steve hugged Nat.

"Good to see you." Steve said.

"And good to see you. When did you two happen?" Nat asked as Sam started putting everything away and I helped him.

"A few weeks once we got here so for about a month and a half now." Steve said and I nodded.

"And they haven't stopped since." Sam said and I looked at him and smacked his arm.

"What is he talking about?" Nat asked. I reached in the one bag and got out the headphones.

"You may want to use these." I said handing them to Nat.

"But in all seriousness, they don't work unless you have the volume most of the way up." Sam said and I turned a deep shade of red.

"Seriously Sam? We have calmed down a lot for your sensitive ears." I said and he laughed.

"Calmed down?! Please..." Sam said, and I looked at Steve for back up and he just shrugged.

"So, besides Steve and Romy getting it on like rabbits, what's else had been going on?" Nat asked as we finished putting everything away, but I grabbed my ice cream and started eating it. Steve just looked at me.

"What?" I asked and Steve just shook his head.

"I never known you to want something so bad..." Steve said, and I just shrugged.

"I just want some ice cream. Is that so wrong?" I asked and Steve shook his head. Nat looked at me and I shook my head.

"Don't even think it, no." I said and she just held up her hands in defeat.

"What?" Steve asked.

"Nothing, it's not true." I said and Steve sighed.

"What?" Steve asked and I groaned.

"Nat thinks me craving ice cream means I'm pregnant but it's not possible. I may have been on the raft for a while, but Ross still made sure I got things I was getting beforehand medical wise, and I just had the 3-month shot right before you got to me. I'm safe." I said and Nat just nodded, and Steve seemed to sigh.

"A baby right now would just irresponsible. A baby on the run while hiding. Can you imagine how much more an issue that would cause?" Steve said and I just looked at him.

"So, if we are on the run for the rest of our lives, you don't want any kids?" I asked and Steve just looked at me.

"It wouldn't be smart Romy." Steve said. I just half nodded took my bowl of ice cream walking out of the kitchen, upstairs to my room and slamming the door.

"Wow Steve..." Nat said and left the kitchen as well leaving Steve with his palms down on the counter, head hanging down knowing he would have to fix this.