16 - Wakanda

**ONE MONTH LATER**

I was sitting on the bathroom floor leaning against the wall, clutching my stomach in the middle of the night trying not to wake anyone. I crawled to the toilet as I thought I was going to be sick again. Just dry heaves but it was enough to make me want this all to end.

"Okay little super soldier, please stop doing this to me. I'm only human, not like you or your dad." I whispered through sobs. As I collapsed back against the wall again the bathroom door opened Steve a was standing there, concern and worry etched on his face.

"Ro?" Steve asked.

"Steve, I'm...ohhh...I'm fine." I said breaking my sentence up in pain.

"No, you're not, something is clearly wrong." Steve said crouching down next to me.

"It's just baby super solider is killing me and making me sick." I said and Steve placed a hand on my stomach and started rubbing. I started sobbing even harder. "Something is wrong Steve, I don't feel right, and I feel like something is about to go wrong." I continued.

"Romy, I'm sure everything is fine." Steve said and I shook my head.

Before I could say anything, else there was a rapid knock on our bedroom door.

"Come in." Steve yelled from the bathroom since the bathroom door was open.

Sam came walking into the room and saw us on the floor.

"What's wrong?" Sam asked concerned.

"Nothing, what's wrong with you?" I asked.

"Romy..." Steve said and I shook my head, he groaned but then looked back at Sam. "What's going on?"

"Ross is in this state, he is here and knows she is here somewhere. He found out her family was buried here and knows she has to be somewhere. We have to go." Sam explained. I struggled to get up and was able to make it.

"I've had the go bags packed for weeks. Grab them from the closet." I said as I walked to dresser and grabbed a pair of Steve's sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"We will meet you downstairs, get the jet ready. Is Nat awake?" Steve asked and Sam nodded.

"She is getting ready as well. 10 minus Steve." Sam said and he nodded as he left. I started to get changed and Steve saw my stomach and the baby bump. It was filled with bruises.

"Romy..." Steve was in shock and disbelief.

"It's fine Steve, it's the kicks. I've come to expect it." I said and he groaned. He didn't say anything and just leaned down and gave me a small kiss.

"When we get to where we are going, I'm going to see if there is anything they can do to help you." Steve said and I looked at him confused.

"Steve, I've never been to Wakanda before...I don't know what to expect." I said as I finished getting dressed. I looked for Steve and he was in the closet getting dressed. I was confused until he came walking out in the Cap suit and I just looked at him.

"Wakanda is somewhere not easy to find, and I know Ross will never find you or us there. They always offered me refuge if I needed it. That will now extend to you, Sam and Nat." Steve said and I rubbed my stomach.

"And little peanut?" I asked and he nodded. "Why the Cap suit though?" I asked.

"I need to do what I can Romy. They have never really seen me in street clothes." Steve said.

"Well, you in this suit in very dangerous." I smirked and Steve sighed shaking his head.

"You ready to go?" Steve asked changing the subject as I slipped on my shoes.

"Yeah, grab the bags." I said and he already had them slung over his shoulder. I went to walk out of the room Steve just rolled his eyes, rushed over to me, he picked me up bridal style and carried me down the stairs and outside. We met Nat on the porch, and she took our bags.

"She okay?" Nat asked.

"The baby is beating her up on the inside and I found her on the bathroom floor this morning." Steve explained as we walked to the quinjet that Sam had started. Steve carried me on the jet and then to the bedroom he had recently made for if we had to run.

"I need to go pilot this thing. Can you please try and get some more sleep?" Steve asked and I sighed.

"Can Nat come lay with me?" I asked and she was standing in the doorway.

"I got you Ro." Nat said coming and getting in the bed.

"Come and get me if she starts to feel sick again." Steve said. He leaned down and gave me a small kiss and then walked out to help Sam. I felt the jet take off, I yawned and soon I was asleep since the baby stopped kicking.

I wasn't sure how long I had been asleep, but I woke up to someone touching my cheek and then his lips on my mine. I smiled knowing it was Steve.

"Hey, we are arriving. You should come out." Steve said and I nodded. I sat up and brushed out my hair and re-did it. I walked out and Steve let me sit in the co-pilot chair and I noticed Sam getting close to the trees. I gripped the armrests.

"Steve..." I tried not to freak out. He placed his hands on my shoulders and leaned down.

"Just watch." Steve whispered in my ear as the trees disappeared and we entered through what seems like a screen. We were soon flying over some huts and a city. We landed and people came rushing out. I looked at Steve and he went to pick me up as I stood up.

"Steve, I want to walk..." I said and he sighed but let me walk. We walked down the ramp once it was open. Steve was holding my arm and helping me walk down. I wasn't even that big, but I was weak from this kid taking everything from me.

"Captain Rogers..." The man said who was waiting. He had a thick accent, and I wasn't sure who he was.

"King T'Challa. I wouldn't have come here unless I had no other choice." Steve said and shook his hand. The man then looked at me. "This is my girlfriend, Romy..." She said and King T'Challa looked at me and I gave a small smile.

"Romy?!" I heard a voice say and I saw Wanda coming running up.

"Hey." I said as she hugged me and then placed her hand on my stomach.

"Congratulations on the baby super solider." Wanda said and I gave a small smile.

"When did you get here?" Steve asked Wanda.

"A few days ago. Ross was on our tail, so Vision and I came here." Wanda said and I smiled loving having Wanda back.

"Let's get you somewhere to lay down Romy." T'Challa said.

"That would be greatly appreciated." I said as T'Challa escorted us inside and down a corridor to some rooms.

"You and Captain Rogers can stay in this room." T'Challa said opening the door to what looked like a whole suite. I smiled at him.

"Thank you." I said as we walked in. T'Challa nodded and went to show Sam and Nat their rooms but Wanda stayed standing in the doorway.

"Wanda...?" Steve asked.

"I might be able to help with the excessive kicking. I know it's causing you pain." Wanda said and I looked at Steve.

"It's worth a try..." Steve said, and I nodded.

"Where should I go?" I asked.

"Lay on the bed and relax." Wanda said. I lay down and Steve lay beside me. Wanda sat beside the bed and placed her hands over my stomach, and I saw the red sparks, but I wasn't scared. I felt my stomach start to feel slightly better, but my eyes also got heavier. I leaned into Steve and was asleep.

"Wanda?" Steve asked.

"She's fine Steve, I'm keeping the baby calm and helping communicate that kicking is bad so not so hard. In turn I put something on Romy as well so she can sleep." Wanda said looking up at Steve.

"Thank you." Steve said.

"You get some sleep too Captain. Everyone will be safe now." Wanda said. Steve lay down and pulled Romy close to him. He kissed the back of her head, and he was quickly drifting off to sleep as well.