18 - World of Choas

**A FEW MONTHS LATER**

I was walking the halls in the middle of the night in the palace. We were still in Wakanda, Ross was still a threat. He had raided my cabin and knew we were all there. He had no sign of where we went since we cleaned up our trail very well. He knew we had a quinjet that was offline and in stealth mode. He wasn't giving up though. I heard he arrested the lady who lived in my Aunt's old house to question her but she said she hadn't seen me, she lied for me and I wasn't sure why. I was able to get in contact with a good lawyer I knew and he was able to get her out, no charges.

I was walking, clutching the wall, trying not to wake anyone. I just wanted to be left alone in this pain...

I doubled over in pain and let out a little whimper. I didn't know what to do, I knew I should head to the hospital wing but I didn't know where to go or even how to really get there. While walking the halls I got so turned around that I wasn't even sure where I was.

I found myself entering a room that was full of windows that looked over Wakanda and I sighed at the calm of the night outside the palace. I gripped the rail that was there and bent over.

"Romy?" I heard someone say my name and I looked behind me to see Sam entering the room.

"Hey Sam..." I groaned out coming back from the pain.

"What's wrong with you? Gas or something?" Sam asked and I groaned.

"No, not gas..." I said rubbing my stomach. "Also, never ask a pregnant woman...actually any woman for that matter if its gas." I said and he smiled at me walking over to me. He grabbed hold of my hand, and I clutched it. He looked at me and sighed.

"You're in labor aren't you?" Sam asked and I shook my head.

"I can't be, it's like 3 weeks early." I said and Sam shook his head.

"Romy, my sister had 2 kids, I know what labor looks like, I was with her for both. Let's get you to the hospital wing and they can call Shuri." Sam said and I nodded as he helped me walk the little bit of way to the hospital and Shuri was already there running around panicking. She looked at Sam and me.

"Is everything okay?" She asked stopping and seeing me.

"Romy doesn't want to believe it, but she is in labor." Sam said and I glared at him.

"Well then I believe we need to get her into a room and prepped." Shuri said and someone said something to her, and she sighed.

"I will have to pull double duty." She replied and I looked at her confused.

"What is going on Shuri?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Nothing you need to concern yourself with." Shuri said taking my hand. She then looked at Sam.

"You may want to go wake the captain and let him know what is happening." Shuri said and I shook my head.

"No, it's okay..." I moaned out doubling over.

"He will kill us all if he isn't here." Sam said and rushed off. I didn't want Steve to see me weak, he had seen me slightly weak this entire pregnancy, but I didn't know what would happen now.

Shuri got me in bed and changed for labor. I was hooked up to tons of machines and just watching the fetal heart monitor beat at a normal pace and I smiled. The door to the room opened and Steve came walking in with Nat and I smiled at both of them.

"Why didn't you wake me when you went walking?" Steve asked and I shrugged.

"I thought it was nothing..." I said and he kissed the side of my head. Nat sat beside me and took my other hand.

"You should have at least woken me." Nat mumbled and I smiled shaking my head at the both of them.

"You both need to calm down. We are here now, and everything is going to be fine. We will have a baby and all will be right in the world." I said and they nodded. Shuri came walking in the room and looked at Steve.

"Captain, we need to talk in the hallway please." Shuri said and Steve went to leave.

"Is everything okay with the baby?" I panicked. Shuri nodded.

"It's not about the baby..." Shuri assured.

"Then what? I want to know." I said. Steve took my hand.

"She can know whatever it is." Steve said and Shuri gave a small smile.

"We are taking Mr. Barnes out of cyro. We found something that we think will help his conditioning." Shuri said and I looked at Steve and smiled. "We were wanting you to be there so he knew what would be going on, having something from before." Shuri said. Steve looked down and me and I gave a small nod.

"Steve, go..." I said and he went to walk out then stopped.

"No...I won't leave you. You need me, Bucky will be okay." Steve said and I sighed.

"Steve, I can go..." Nat said, and I looked at her and gave her a small nod.

"Yes, go, please. He needs someone." I said and she hugged me.

"Keep me updated." Nat said to Steve and she rushed out following the nurse that was going to be with Bucky. Shuri walked over to me and smiled.

"I think we need to check your progress." Shuri said and I nodded.

◼◼◼

I had been pushing and doing everything I could to get this baby out and things weren't going as smoothly as I had hoped.

"Romy, I need you to breath for me please..." Shuri begged as I sobbed at the pain. The epidural I had been given was no match for birthing a super solider.

I looked at Steve and he placed a hand on my cheek and leaned his forehead down to mine.

"Come one Ro, you can do this...you got this." Steve said and I just took a couple deep breaths, and I knew it was time to push again.

"Push Romy." Shuri stated. I screamed as I gave one huge push and Shuri smiled.

"Okay big breath and one more push." Shuri said and I did all I could, took the breath and pushed while squeezing Steve's hand and screaming out in pain.

I heard everyone give a heavy sigh, I felt the pressure release and then I heard the baby crying.

"It's a girl, congratulations Romy and Captain." Shuri said as the baby was handed off the be cleaned and weighed. Steve kissed the side of my head. I smiled until I noticed the edges around my vision started to go black.

"Shuri what is happening?!" Steve yelling was the last thing I heard.

**STEVE POV**

"Shuri what is happening?!" I asked seeing Romy close her eyes and body go limp. The baby was rushed out of the room and Shuri was panicking trying to fix everything.

"She had a hemorrhage Captain, she is bleeding." Shuri said and a nurse escorted me from the room.

I stood in the hallway unsure of what I could do...Romy was bleeding out, she couldn't die. We were going to have a life together, we had a baby together. Oh god, the baby...I didn't know what to do. Do I stay here, do I check on the baby and then the thought never left my mind that Bucky was going to be awake. For the first time in my life, I felt like a lost man in a world of chaos.

I was pulled back down until a nurse touched my arm and I looked at her.

"Captain, Shuri sent me to see to tell you she got the bleeding to stop, it took some time and some doing -..." She trailed off. How long had I been out of it? I didn't even know but I did noticed things were different from before. "Romy lost a lot of blood though and Shuri was wondering if you would have your blood tested to see if it matched?" The nurse asked.

"If it saves Romy, I will do whatever I can..." Steve said as we walked off.