29 - Time for a Visit

**3 MONTHS LATER**

"And why can't I go?" I asked as we cleaned up Sarah's toys in the living room after putting her to bed.

"Because I said no Romy, it's not smart! You just want to go and antagonize him." Steve said.

"And what else am I supposed to do if I get to go, baby him and tell him it's all going to be okay?! He didn't do it for me so why would I do it for him?!" I questioned.

"Can you please just stop asking to go to the raft?" Steve asked and I groaned.

"Fine...I'll just ask Tony to take me. I thought I would ask my husband first but since you don't want to take me then I will call Tony." I said and Steve groaned. I went to head up the stairs and Steve grabbed my arm and pulled me back down to him, being flush against him.

"Don't you dare ask Tony to take you." Steve growled and I just looked at him annoyed.

"Don't tell me what to do Steve. It's not like I'm going behind your back. I asked you first and you said no so you stay home with Sarah, and I will talk to Tony about taking me." I said and he groaned.

Steve let go of my arm and I continued up the stairs as Steve went outside and was brooding on the porch as I checked on Sarah.

Sarah, my now 2-year-old...where had the time gone? As I stood at her door watching her sleep I placed a hand on my flat stomach and started rubbing lightly. 2 months pregnant, so soon after the wedding but it wasn't like we were preventing it by any means, and we wanted more kids, so this was fine but Steve and I together.

I knew this was why he wasn't wanting me to go to the raft. I had too much to lose if I went. I had a family now. I was a wife, a mother and pregnant...there was a lot to consider.

I wasn't sure how long I had been standing there when Steve came up behind me and placed a hand over mine.

"You feeling okay?" Steve asked.

"Yeah, just thinking..." I said.

"You know this is why I don't want you to go right? This one right here you are carrying and the one we have sleeping. Please think about this Ro." Steve begged. I got out of his grip and left Sarah's doorway and headed to the bedroom, Steve followed.

"Do you think maybe this is why I have to do it Steve? I don't want to cause an issue when I go but I just want to see him behind bars for his crimes. For everything he did to me, to you, to the team...I just need to see it." I said. I walked up to where Steve was now standing on his side of the bed and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Please, take me to the raft." I whispered and he groaned.

"I'm going to regret this but fine, we will plan when we can go." Steve said. I smiled as he leaned down and gave me a small kiss.

"Happy wife, happy life." I said when we broke apart and Steve just chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah." Steve said and we got ready for bed.

◼ ◼ ◼

A few days later we arrived at the raft and signing in. I saw some of the guard still there that used to be mine and he was glaring at me. I was waiting for Steve to get signed in when one guard came up to me.

"You know I should throw you in here for escaping." He said and grabbed my arm. I just glared at him.

"If you know what's good for you, you will let go of my arm." I said and he just chuckled.

"What are you going to do about it?" He asked tightening his grip.

"Oh, it's not me, it's my husband." I pointed towards Steve who was now on his way, walking over to us. The guard quickly dropped my arm and Steve came walking over with Nick Fury, who I knew was in charge of the raft now.

"You will never touch Mrs. Rogers again, she may have escaped at one point but all charges against her including the escape have been dropped." Nick stated and I just looked at the guy and he nodded.

"Yes sir, sorry Mrs. Rogers, it won't happen again." He said and quickly walked away. I looked at Nick.

"We missed you at the wedding." I smiled.

"I had things that needed to be taken care of but I heard it went off beautifully." Nick said and I nodded. Steve placed his arm around my waist and pulled me close.

"Can I go in now?" I asked. Nick nodded. "He know I'm here?" I asked.

"No, we just told him a visitor." Nick said and I nodded.

"I'm going in with you." Steve said and I shook my head looking up at him.

"Let me go alone and watch on the cameras." I said and Steve groaned.

"It would be best Steve." Nick added. Steve leaned down and gave me a small kiss and placed a hand on my stomach.

"Remember you have this one and the one at home to stay calm for." Steve said and I nodded. Nick noticed the interaction and smiled.

"Are we expecting another baby Rogers?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, it's still early, no one knows except for us and now you." I said and Nick smiled.

"Well Steve, don't worry, she will be safe in there." Nick said to Steve, and he nodded. The door then opened. "Whenever you're ready." Nick said. I took a deep breath and walked in, down the small staircase and then to his cell. I huffed a laugh when I saw him and saw where he was.

"Enjoy that cell, it has good heating on cold nights." I said. Ross snapped his head up and looked at me. He was in the old cell I was in.

"What the hell do you want?" Ross snapped and I crossed my arms.

"I just wanted to make sure you were really captured and in one of these cells where you belong." I said. Ross just scoffed. "I told you that the truth would come out." I continued.

"And you sent your little Avengers friends after me..."

"Actually Tony came to get them and asked them for their help. Steve and the rest went of their own accord. Steve even leaving his 2-month-old daughter..." I said. Ross snapped his head up and looked at me.

"Rogers has a daughter?!"

"A wife, a daughter and a baby on the way." I said and held up my left hand to show off my ring.

"YOU AND ROGERS ARE MARRIED?!" Ross yelled and banged on the glass.

"We are and we are so happy. You tried keeping us apart when you had me arrested but it didn't work. You took everything from me, like not being there when my aunt died but I got my happy ending with Steve. We have an amazing life and family together and no longer have to wonder if you are around the corner to pounce. I know where you are now, and I couldn't be happier. Enjoy rotting here Ross." I said, I took one final look at him and walked away.

I made it to the room Steve was standing in with Nick and sighed.

"Now we can go home..." I trailed off and Steve smiled and took my hand. "Thanks Nick." I said.

"You two go have a good life." Nick said and we nodded. We headed out to the jet and once we got on, I pulled Steve down to me and passionately kissed him. Once we broke apart, he looked at me and smiled.

"Let's get home to our girl. I think its time we tell her she is going to be a big sister." I said and Steve smiled with a nod.

"Sounds like a good plan." Steve said and we soon were on our way home to now live our lives Ross free.