28 - Finally a Family

**1 MONTH LATER**

I was walking down the steps to the porch where Steve and Sarah were waiting for me. Steve was in a button-up white shirt, top buttons undone, black dress slacks and dress shoes. I was in a boho style wedding dress with a lace bodice and love cut back. Sarah was in a white dress that had a wildflower design all over it. It matched the field perfectly. I smiled at Steve as he looked at me.

 I smiled at Steve as he looked at me

"Romy, you look breathtaking..." Steve said and I walked down the stairs, he took my hand to help me down.

"You don't look so bad yourself..." I said as he leaned in and kissed my cheek. I looked at Sarah who had a flower crown in her hair and I smiled.

"You look like a little princess." I said and kissed her cheek. Steve picked her up and then with his free arm linked mine in his. We knew it wasn't normal for him to walk me down the aisle to get married to him, but we didn't want normal tradition or to be apart. Also, I had no one to walk me down the aisle so we just figured we would arrive together and get married after we walked down the aisle.

Once we got to the field, we saw a handful of people standing around waiting. We smiled as everyone looked at us and we handed Sarah off to Clint and he smiled at us. Nat was standing behind me as my maid of honor and Bucky was Steve's best man and we hired an officiant from the town to come and marry us. We had thought about asking someone from the team, but we wanted them all to enjoy the wedding.

The officiant went through the start of the ceremony as Steve, and I just stood there holding each other's hands. He was running his thumbs over my knuckles clearly nervous or trying to calm my nerves but not matter what there was nowhere else I would rather be than here with him.

"Romy, would you like to go first?" The officiant asked and I knew it was wedding vow time. I turned and got the ring from Nat for Steve, and she smiled at me.

"Captain Steven Rogers. The name I saw on the file when I first started working at the compound. Did I know we would be here years later? Heck no! Am I happy we are? Of course, I am. When we did whatever had to do to get away you always made sure I was safe and taken care of. You and I were meant to always be here Steve whether we knew it or not. We got together in a way that wasn't like most others, it wasn't slow at all. I don't see us doing anything in this marriage slow. We know what we want and will get to it eventually. I love you Steven Grant Rogers and for better or worse, sickness or health, richer or poorer and all that other stuff. Till Death Do Us Part. I take you to be my husband from this day forward until my dying day." I said and Steve smiled as I slipped the plain gold band on his finger.

Steve didn't even give the officiant a chance to say his name to start.

"Romy, when I first met you, I knew something you didn't. I knew we would be here. Call me cocky but I knew I wanted to spend my future with you. When you went missing and were taken from me, I lost hope of ever finding you, I won't lie, but I also knew only you were going to be my future. Once I found you, I was going to do everything in my power to never let you go or lose you again. I couldn't lose you, you are and will always be everything. Like you said, us getting together was very unorthodox and not the romantic love story that people always want to hear but we made it through and wrote our own love story. You are my life Romy, you and Sarah will always be the reason I wake up every morning and the last things I want to see before I go to bed every night. Romy for better or worse, sickness or health, richer or poorer and everything else that entails. Till Death Do Us Part. I take you to be my wife from this day forward until my dying day." Steve said and slid the wedding band on that went with my ring and I smiled as he did.

"If anyone here can show just cause why these two should not be married, please speak now or forever hold your peace." The officiant said. Steve and I both looked out at everyone in attendance, and they weren't saying a word. "Okay with no one objecting, the vows being said and the exchanging of rings, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Steve, you may kiss your bride." The officiant said.

With no words spoken, Steve pulled me flush against his body and I giggled as his lips brushed mine gently. Then he placed his lips fully on mine in a sweet and passionate kiss. He lightly dragged his tongue along the seam of my lips, and I gave him entrance. As we broke apart, we then heard everyone start cheering and Sarah was screaming excitedly. Clint put her down and she ran to Steve, and he picked her up.

"Finally, a family." Steve said and I nodded. I knew he meant we all had the last name of Rogers now since when Sarah was born, we gave her the last name Rogers.

We walked back up the aisle out of the field and then to the cabin where the party planners we hired had set up tables and chairs so we could have a simple meal outside and then a small dancing space. Steve insisted on having a first dance with me and then he wanted a dance with us and Sarah as well.

Once the food was consumed and the alcohol was being drank the music started to play and Steve stood up.

"Alright Mrs. Rogers, I think it's time you and I have a dance." Steve said and I smiled as he took my hand and walked me to the dance floor.

'It's Been a Long, Long Time' started to play. This was a huge compromise on my part for us to dance to thing song. I knew it was one of Steve's favorites and I couldn't help but think it was on of Peggy's as well. Steve reassured me it wasn't and that he never danced with her to it or anything. I was taking him at his word.

He spun me out from him on the dance floor and then back in as I gave a small giggle. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and we swayed to the music.

"So, we going to live happily ever after Rogers?" I asked and he smiled.

"I think we have a good shot." Steve said and we both gave a small laugh. He then leaned down and brushed his lips to mine.

"So, I think before you said one or two more babies in our future..." Steve said, and I smiled with a small nod.

"I did..." I trailed off.

"When can we get started on making those babies?" Steve asked and I moaned as he gently kissed me.

"As soon as possible." I said as we broke apart.