Chapter 40

*Morgan's pov*

Years have come and gone life was great Jackson followed his father's footsteps and was a wrestler with the WWE and was the US Champion at that and last fall he married Leigh Anoa'i..Joe and Heather's daughter we were all pretty thrilled about it..Ryder made his debut last year and was in a tag team with Kane's son Kaleb and was dating John and Nikki's daughter Sarah...now my sweet little Mila was graduating today which I was beyond sad about my baby girl would be off to college in the fall but we still had one to go our 15 year old Landon Kennedy...Jon had retired medically and opened a wrestling school with Joe which was doing great as well as helping Dad run NXT...I stood in Mila's room helping her get ready...I sighed "You know baby Florida has some really good schools...do you have to go to Tennessee?"

Mila nodded "I know momma but I want to do something without it being about our family about who Daddy is or who Papa is...no one knows me there...didn't you want to be know for something other than who Papa and Nana are?"

I sighed "I did baby I did...and you know what I did it so if Tennessee is what makes you happy you know you have my support now your dad on the other hand won't be happy you decided on Tennessee."

She nodded "Everyone says I should be a Diva too like you...Momma I don't want to do that...yeah I like it and I like training but its not what I want..I want to help people...I want to be a sports doctor mom."

I took her face in my hands "Then do it baby I will love you just the same and be just as proud of you as I am of Jackson and Ryder..so will your dad..baby girl you do not have to follow in mine or your dad's footsteps we have always told all of you to do what is best for you follow your own dreams not what others think you should do."

Mila moved into my arms and hugged me "I love you Momma."

I smiled softly "I love you too Mila."

She smiled "Where is daddy?"

"I'm right here."

Mila ran to her dad's open arms "You made it!"

Dean chuckled "You think I'm gonna miss my baby graduating high school...didn't miss your brothers' graduations I'm not going to miss yours."

She smiled "I know."

I smiled "Okay guys we gotta go.."

Mila grabbed her cap and gown "Okay I'm ready.."

I smiled and we left...I sat watching the ceremony holding on to my husband's hand our baby girl was on her way to being a high school graduate

"Mila Addison Good."

As Mila walked across the stage everyone cheered especially her dad and big brothers of course Joe and Colby made sure to be heard too..after the ceremony I met my daughter with a hug "I'm so proud of you baby..and all those honors.."

Mila smiled "I got my smarts from my momma."

Dean chuckled "You got that right sweetheart."

She smiled "Do you mind if I go out with my friends to the after grad party instead of dinner?"

I looked at Jon who shook his head.. I shook my head slightly "Be careful..you need us call...and be smart Mila no drinking."

Mila smiled "I promise mom.."

Dean reluctantly gave her money "If people start drinking call me and I'll come pick you up."

She kissed his cheek "I will daddy...I love you."

He sighed "I love you too Mil."

Mila handed me her stuff and left with he friends

With Landon heading over to his friend's we left..I found Jon sitting on the couch deep in thought...we were both in our 50's now and he was still the same good looking man he always was...I wrapped my arms around his neck "Relax...she's a smart girl..we raised her to have a good head on her shoulders...she's your daughter she can handle herself."

Dean sighed "This is my little girl...our little girl."

I nodded "She's not a little girl anymore Jon..she's 18..she's leaving us in August...you can't hold on to her anymore she needs to become the woman we've raised her to be...she will always be your baby girl but you have to loosen up on her."

He sighed "I'm not ready...Landon will be a sophomore this year before we know it he'll be off to college or training..hell he could join the army.."

I moved sitting beside him "And when that time goes we can sit back and be proud that we raised 4 great kids."

Dean wrapped his arm around me pressing a kiss to my temple "How are you taking this so well..usually the moms are the ones freaking out about stuff like this."

I smiled softly "Because Mila is just like me she wants to prove the world wrong and she's gonna fight to do it...she has her daddy's heart though and his temper so I know she's going to be okay."

He looked down at me "So 3 down 1 to go.."

I smiled "And next comes grandkids.."

Dean chuckled "Yeah."

I smiled softly patting his knee "Come on Old Man we'll go out for dinner."

He stood up "Sounds great."

We got up and left...through all these years this man has had my heart and soul...he is my Shield of Love....he gave me 4 wonderful kids...I can't wait to begin this new phase with him just the two of us

Author's Note

THE END

So what did everyone think?