Chapter 12

Will wakes up finding himself in a cage. He stands up looking for a way out. He finds nothing. He looks over to the right and sees Jace in a cage in the corner looking like he's about to die from going mad.

"Are you okay?" Asks Will going to the corner of his cage.

"Yeah I'm fine," he says.

"Don't worry Jace they are gonna come back up and find you," he says.

Jace looks up and looks at Will.

"What's your name?" He asks.

"I'm Will, I joined the X-men a few days ago after I found out I can control and make fire," he says.

"That's neat," he says, "All I can do is control water and make it."

"Water is cool," Will says.

"Not as cool as fire," says Jace.

Will looks over and sees Paul at a desk going on his computer then he stands up.

"I just sent your friends a little video," he says.

"What do you want?" Asks Will.

"You see Will, I do experiments on mutants to see how they can use their powers and their structure inside. I did have to kill a few of them on the way but it's for a good cause," he says.

"What do you plan on doing with all this information?" Asks Will.

"To make myself more powerful. People don't see duplicating yourself as an awesome power. There are more better powers like telepathy, shrinking or growing, or even controlling fire," he says, "That's why I need to Will. You have an amazing gift. I set a bomb in the plane so they can't track me down. It's okay though because I told them where I'm going to."

"Where are you going?" Asks Will.
"It's just not where I'm going, it's where we are going," he says. "We are going to the X-men."

Paul walks over to a table and grabs a needle filled with orange serum then goes back over to Will's cage.

"You see this needle?" Asks Paul.

"Yeah," replies Will.

"In here is a serum I made to control mutants and have help me attack. I have another scientist friend named Ty who created the first one. He got rid of it ever since he found a girl who can hypnotizes people. But ever since they both died I took this from him," he says. "I tested it out on a few mutants and it works really well actually. I killed them afterwards though for my experiment."

"What do you plan on doing at the X-men?" Asks Will.

"Kidnapping mutants," he replies.

"I have been in hiding for a year after finding Jace here. I have been taking mutants from the streets and other places. Mike actually has a hidden talent. He can tell if someone is a mutant or not."

Will looks at Jace. He sits there looking down.

"So basically the deal was that he would have to help me track down mutants except the X-men," he says.

"Why are you breaking the deal?" Asks Will.

"My original plan was to give up Jace for you because I thought I had enough mutants to be powerful. Then I realized I can do more and the only place to find a lot of mutants in one spot is the X-men," he says.

Paul goes to the table to grabs another needle filled with blue serum and injects it on his arm. Then he walks over to the cages.

"Now I am able to control the mutants I inject," he says. "Jace come over here."

Jace just sits there not looking at Paul.

"Jace just walk over to the door!" Yells Paul.

"Fine I will just get you myself!" Yells Paul.

He opens the cage and walks over to Jace. Jace puts his hands up and splashes water on Paul making him fly to the other side of the room.

"Jace!" Yells Paul.

Jace gets out of the cage and opens Will's.

"Run!" Yells Jace.