Chapter 8

Kylie's POV
  My family and I were having so much fun at the party but it was the first time I left Lauren alone. I was just so worried about her babysitting her cousins. I mean, she was still new to the family, it just didn't feel like that would be what a responsible parent would do, leaving their child alone.
When I walk in our hotel room, I saw a complete stranger taking pictures with Penelope while she was asleep.
  "Umm what are you doing?!" I asked lost.
"Oh this girl called me to babysit the children." she said shocked that she got caught taking pictures.
It was 10:30pm.
"What was the girl's name?" I asked curiously.
"Lauren." she answered quickly.
"All right, you're done for the night." I said furiously.
  She left the room as soon as I finished my sentence. Lauren is going to be in so much trouble.

Lauren's POV
  Mom was tapping her fingers with an angry look on her face.
"Lauren, I understand that you wanted to have fun tonight, but you could've just called us to get a trusted babysitter." she said trying to keep all her anger inside.
"But she was trusted." I said back.
  We fought a little bit more.
  "Ok," she said giving up.
  "Just don't do it again, ok?" she asked.
"I promise," I said. "And I also met this guy when I was out watching the fireworks." I added. "He asked me if I wanted to hang out, so can I?" I said quickly just in case she freaked out.
  "No!" she said strictly. "You are grounded for the whole week. The only places you'll ever go this week is where we'll be going." she whisper-screamed while gesturing my cousins.
  We heard knocks on the door.
"Hey, sis." Aunt Khloe said while popping her head through the crack of the opened door. We realized you were missing so I just came to check.
  "Lauren, go to your room." Mom said. I quickly ran into my room.
  I heard Mom explaining everything to Aunt Khloe. That's when I didn't wanna hear anymore. That's when I took my phone out my purse and texted Matt.

L: Hey

M: hai!!!! so can u hang out with me tmw?

L: no, sorry grounded for the week :/

M: eesh. can we reschedule?

L: id love to!

M: gr8

L: gtg ttyl!!

M:bye!

Mom's head popped in.
"Sweetie, I'm sorry I got all mad at you." she said.
"So does that mean I'm not grounded?" I asked excitedly.
"No. You're still grounded. But right now, you need to get some sleep."
  "Ok. G'night."
"Goodnight!"
  I pretended to go to sleep. After a few minutes, I started to plug in my earphones and started to video chat Matt.
"Hey, Matt!"
  "Hey, Lauren!"
  "I'm so sorry I had to cancel," I said rolling my eyes. "My mom thinks I shouldn't hire a babysitter that is not trusted."
"Is your family very protective?" he asked.
"Kinda. We are kinda known all over." I said.
"Wait... YOU'RE LAUREN JENNER!" he said surprised. I didn't know that he didn't know.
"Yah... I guess." I heard someone calling his name in the background.
"Got to go. My mom says I need to get more sleep. Bye!"
"Bye!"