➳ Babe ✿ Way / Way ~ Pete Pt. 1

Way was sitting at the bar and couldn't even remember how many drinks he had. The bar became his second home, the only difference now was that he was alone. What he feared the most became reality - losing Babe. While he tried so hard to keep Babe by his side, he didn't realize how badly he pushed him away.

The problem is that he knew he fucked up bad. He knew that if it would come out that he was sent by Tony to get Babe back, Babe would have hated him immediately. He would have lost him right away, but he couldn't do anything else. It's either Babe hating him or them all dying. He'd rather have them all hating him than being dead.

Way took Tony's threats by word, saw how powerful he was. He saw how Tony treated his own men, he saw him beating them almost to dead and they still came back to him, begging him for his forgiveness. He knew that Tony must have some kind of special power, otherwise he couldn't have built himself an empire the way he did. That's why he stayed by Tony's side, trying to find out what his power was. He wanted to turn Tony's power into his weakness, wanted to break down the empire he built himself. Came out that it's more difficult than Way thought it'll be.

He knew that Tony was hiding things from him, just like the fact that Pete was an enigma too. Tony assured Way that he was the only enigma left in the house and therefore he had to get Babe back, but it was all a lie. When Babe told him that Pete was the enigma that was sent to get him back, Way didn't know if he should've cried or laughed. What else was Tony hiding from him?

The moment Charlie called Babe to tell him Way was the enigma, everything went down. The way Babe was looking into his eyes broke his heart, he just knew he had lost him. He tried to use his power to calm Babe down, but it was pointless. Babe already knew everything. Babe kept quiet the entire time Way took him somewhere else, but tears were running down his face.

He took Babe to his own house and let him sit on the couch. Since Babe wasn't able to move properly, he just sat there and looked at Way with such a disgust it made Way's heart heavy. "Let me explain, Babe" Way begged but Babe just closed his eyes, couldn't believe what was going on.

"It is true, I am the enigma Tony sent to get you back but I never wanted to hurt you!" Way explained and ruffed his hair. "I never wanted to force you to sleep with me! Falling in love with you was never part of the plan but within time I couldn't help but ended up falling so bad" he was shivering, definitely losing his mind.

"And I felt like you would fall in love with me too. The way you treated me, the way you hugged me, the way you talked to me. Am I insane for thinking you'd like me too?" Way sobbed hard, couldn't control the emotions he's been holding in for years. "Tony sent me years ago and I couldn't do it. X-Hunter became my family and I never wanted to lose any of you, but he has so much control over me Babe"

"There is a reason why I didn't tell you about my past. I never wanted you to look at me differently so I kept it all in, but here we are. Lets say I was in a bad, like really bad place and on one random night Tony found me. I thought he was just like all these other disgusting men taking advantage of me, but he was so nice and kind to me. I thought he'll help me, I thought he's a good man but oh damn was I wrong"

"Came out he's the evil himself so I just tried to find a way to get away with it, without losing everyone I love. It's too late though, I can already see it in your eyes" Way nodded and wiped the tears off his face. "It's the best for us to give him what he wants, Babe. He won't stop. If he doesn't get what he wants, we're all going to end up dead"

Way was walking towards Babe and sat down next to him. Babe's whole body tensed up, scared of what else would come. "I'd rather have you hating me than you being dead. Tony is unbeatable" Way said and leaned down so he was right in front of Babe's face. Babe was shaking, crying but he couldn't move.