➳ Babe ✿ Way / Way ~ Pete Pt. 2

The time passed by so fast. It was five weeks since Way was living with Pete. The day Pete took Way with him, Way's entire life changed.

It was the first time for a long damn time he was living without Babe on his side. For some it might sound weird, but Way and Babe were each other's constants. Even though Way had Tony, his so called 'father', he never received actual love from him. He was only nice to him when he wanted something and the moment Way couldn't deliver, he was cut off.

As the time passed by, Way realized that in the end it was no different with Babe. The moment he met Charlie, Way was only there if he was needed. Babe only called him when he and Charlie had a fight or a misunderstanding. Admitting that to himself almost hurt as much it hurt to lose Babe. When he thinks about every single tear he shred because of his love to Babe, it gives him goosebumps. He's always thinking about that one specific night where Babe and Charlie broke up and Babe wanted to have dinner with Way. Way was waiting at their favorite dinner place with a bunch of flowers, finally ready to admit.

Sure he knew that this wasn't quite the best timing, but on the other hand he always thought it wasn't the 'right' timing. He already lost Babe to Charlie once because of the 'timing', so he didn't want to lose him the second time. Stupid idea of him thinking Babe would like him back, right? Of course Babe and Charlie reconciled that night and Way was immediately forgotten. He was waiting at the restaurant for hours, but Babe never came.

Way thought that everything happened for a reason. The love he thought he felt for Babe was more a kind of obsession, wanting the one you can't have. Way missed Babe, but not in the romantic kind of way. He missed the fun evenings they spend together and that they could talk about everything, but that's it.

It was difficult for Way to forgive himself, for the things he did to the X-Hunter team and for what he did to Babe. He was a different person then, he was out of his mind and he couldn't see clear. After he saw the mess he made, he hated himself so badly. He cried himself to sleep every night, woke up with swollen eyes every single day.

Thank god Pete decided to not hate him too. The day Pete decided for Way to stay with him, everything changed. Pete's apartment actually had two bedrooms, Pete's bedroom and the guest bedroom. The guest bedroom was Way's bedroom now.

Way wouldn't have mind to share a bedroom with Pete, but when Pete told him to stay there, what should he have said? No? It was kind enough that Pete let him stay with him. Way had a difficult time to stay alone so he'd rather sleep with Pete, but maybe it was better this way. Sooner or later he needed to learn how to stay on his own anyways.

Way who was laying on his bed didn't even realized how he fell asleep, but after a while he started to feel unwell. Sweat drops were running down his forehead and he started to shiver. "No.." he whispered and wrapped his own arms around his upper body. He had a nightmare once again, nothing uncommon for him to happen. It was his third time this week and it's always the same dream.

In his dream he wasn't only facing Babe and Tony, but also Pete. Babe and Tony teamed up and wanted to hurt Way, but Way always kept his eyes on Pete. The one he trusted so much, the one that became his favorite person. Unlike he hoped, Pete wasn't helping him. It was the opposite, Pete was the one holding the gun.

"P'Pete.." Way cried out but Pete only started to laugh devilish. "Oh darling, you didn't think I'd actually help you, did you?" his laugh gave Way goosebumps and he closed his eyes, ready for whatever was coming.

A few seconds later he heard Pete loading the gun and fire a bullet. "P'Pete!" Way screamed out and shook his head, tears running down his face. The bullet was going straight through his heart, slowly starting to cause incredible pain.