➳ Pete ✿ Kenta [bad buddy]

Kenta was tired, didn't understand why he agreed to go to the house party of one of his classmates. Probably because his best friend Kim forced him to, Kim knew that Kenta has been moody the past few months and wanted to distract him. Both of them knew the reason of Kenta's moodiness, but they decided to not talk about it. Kim didn't want to trigger things in Kenta, especially since he knew that his best friend would disagree with everything Kim would say. Kenta was not quite in the mood to talk in general.

By chance, just by chance, these mood swings began when a certain person left the town. Kenta always insisted that he hated him, but Kim knew that this was not the truth. He didn't hate Pete, never have and never will no matter how hard he tried to convince everybody that he does.

It all happened around 9 months ago when from one day to the other, Pete was not there anymore. Pete and Kenta were always fighting and messing with each other, but at the same time they were each others most constant thing in life. There was nothing they could rely on so much as their little quarrels and teasings. So when Pete was gone that other day, Kenta's life became desperately lonely.

Kenta and Pete never disliked each other without a reason, it all came from their parents. Their parents lived in the same district and had both a restaurant. Saying that they were competitors would be an understatement, they were enemies. So all the boys heard their entire time was how bad the other family was and that they should stay away from each other. Their parents didn't just compete when it came to their restaurants, but also with their children. When Kenta had an A in an exam, Pete needed to have an A+. When Pete joined the football team, Kenta had to join too just so he could be better than Pete.

Pete and Kenta were fed up with so much hate so they ended up fighting all the time as well. Their relationship were not on good terms for a while until one random night after a football game Pete found Kenta sitting on a bench with his face covered in his hands. He was crying badly, so badly he became a shivering mess. The football game didn't come out like they expected it to do and Kenta fell down roughly, hurt his ankle. He acted like everything was okay, but Pete saw how roughly he fell. He knew that his ankle was probably swollen by now and hurt like hell.

Pete went to the pharmacy that was near and bought ointment for his injury. Kenta was still sitting there with his face in his hands, didn't even see how Pete just sat down next to him. He did feel the weight on the bench though, that's when Kenta immediately wiped his tears away and looked up. Pete swallowed hard when he saw how read Kenta's eyes were, how desperate he looked. Even his lips were swollen from all the crying.

When Kenta saw that Pete was the person that joined him, he stood up and wanted to walk away. He grimaced in pain but couldn't walk away anyways since Pete grabbed his hand and forced him to sit back down. Pete lifted Kenta's leg so gently it made Kenta remain silent in surprise. Pete helped Kenta to get rid of his tight shoe, his sock followed quickly. Kenta's ankle was purplish and indeed swollen, must hurt like hell. Pete grabbed the ointment and when he put it onto Kenta's ankle, the younger one twitched because of the unexpected coldness.

No one of them said a word that night, but strangely they understood each other. Pete knew that Kenta wasn't crying because of a stupid game, and he knew that Kenta wouldn't cry that much because of his injury. Pete knew that Kenta probably cried because of his parents, because they would scold him just the way Pete's parents would scold him. Kenta didn't even have to tell Pete that he had a terrible fight with his parents, he just knew that Pete understood.

Since that day, their fightings became less and they turned more into teasings. They were messing with each other, but deep inside unlike their parents, they didn't hate each other. It's the opposite, they knew that if they would've had other parents, they'd be friends in an other life. Maybe even more than friends.