➳ Kim ✿ Kenta [i lost everything]

Kenta was sitting in the same bar, day after day with the same drink in his hands. Nothing changed, only the date. The alcohol he drank the past week was more than he drank over the past year and he still couldn't get enough. It was the only thing that helped him - the only thing that kept him alive. Pete watched Kenta from the cameras in his bar, was worried about the younger one but he knew he was the last one Kenta wanted to talk with.

Pete always knew that there was hope for Kenta, that sooner or later, he would pick the right side. He never thought that Kenta would go this far and end Tony's life though. He was glad he did, otherwise all of them would be dead. When the police stormed the auction, it was all too late. Tony was already dead, and they couldn't save Way's life as well. He died in the ambulance while trying to get to the hospital, lost way too much blood. For Pete losing Tony did not hurt at all, the only thing that ripped out his heart was to lose Way.

The difference between Pete and Kenta was that Pete is Pete, no matter how hard it hurt, his life would still go along. He had things that kept him alive, people that loved him, his own business. Kenta, on the other hand, had nothing. Neither did he have his own business, nor people around that cared about him, that loved him. He had one person he loved and he lost that person days ago. Not only did he lose him, he was the one that took his life. The pain, the guilt, it was eating him alive so the only thing that helped him was to drink the pain again.

Pete remembered how Kenta begged the police to arrest him, begged them to put him in jail because he killed Tony. Needed to get punished for his betrayal, but the police did not arrest him. It was obvious that it was self-defense, that he did that to save him and the other ones. The police even did the opposite, they praised him for his braveness. It was not what Kenta wanted to hear at all, for him he wasn't brave. He wasn't a hero, he wasn't the good guy that saved everyone. He was a murderer and more important, he was a betrayer. He betrayed the one he loved the most, the man that adopted him when he had nothing and made him the man he was. His own damn father.

Kenta became the most depressed version of himself, he didn't sleep, didn't eat, didn't shower. All he did was drinking, day for day and Pete could do nothing but watch. Pete wanted to help him, wanted to talk with him but he knew Kenta needed his time. He knew Kenta would distance himself even more if Pete would push him. Kenta needed to learn on his own that what he did was necessary to end all the pain Tony caused others. The pain Tony caused all these little kids, the pain he caused Babe, Way and Kenta himself too.

Kenta was so deep in thoughts that he didn't hear or see someone joining him. He only felt that someone was sitting by his side when the seat sunk a bit because of the weight of the other person. This was Kenta's table, he was sitting here all day long - it's basically reserved for him and everybody should know. "This seat is taken" Kenta let out dryly and drank a sip of his whiskey. "Really? Cause I don't see anyone" the other one replied sassy and Kenta could swear he heard that voice before. When he lifted his head and locked eyes with the other one, he understood why this voice sound so familiar. Kim worked with Tony for red racing and had here and there discussions with him. Kenta was the one that had to lock him up when he started to behave too restless.

"You don't need to, this table is reserved for me and me only" Kenta hissed and Kim just laughed out. "Really? Let's ask Pete since he's here today. P'Pete!" Kim called for Pete, didn't know how badly Kenta's heart clenched when he heard Pete's name. "Nice to see you, Kim" Pete said awkwardly when he was in front of them. "I'm wondering, is this table reserved by Kenta?" Kim asked with an unserious expression, made Kenta want to hit him. "Not that I know" Pete replied and Kenta hated him even more right now. Why couldn't he play along? Kenta couldn't look Pete in the eyes, scared he might break down so he kept staring at his hands. "Lovely! Have a nice day, P'Pete"