➳ North ✿ Sonic [fix you]

Sonic was sitting in his class, lost in thoughts like always. They were a lot of people in his class wondering how he could have such great grades when he wasn't talking at all. Some people even thought that Sonic was mute which was ridiculous because sometimes the teachers in class forced him to answer their questions. They just didn't pay any attention to Sonic at all.

Sonic wasn't sure if he should complain though. If no one sees him, no one will bother him, right? That's at least what he thought but that wasn't quite the case. There is this one specific guy in his class that decided to make Sonic's life a hell. North.

Even though he was barely present, North used every single minute to mess with Sonic and not really in a good kind of way. Sonic wasn't sure if North was a bully, he didn't want to overreact by calling him like that. In the end of the day, North always messes with him but he never actually hurt him physically. Sonic would even say he never hurt him mentally, but Sonic was a mess inside already so North treating him like that was literally his last straw.

Sonic always had a messed up life, never knew where his home was because he got pushed from one place to another. His parents never wanted him but couldn't afford an abortion, that's why he was here. Sonic wasn't imagining these things, his mother literally told him that. His mother couldn't take care of him, was an alcoholic so sooner or later, he got sent to his dad. His dad was even worse, always hit the shit out of him so it was clear that he couldn't stay there as well.

He got sent to his mother again, but she refused to take care of him. Sonic didn't have any family members left so he got sent to a children's care where all children without caring parents were. The children there can get adopted if they find a matching family. Sonic waited years, but no one seemed interested in him.

When he was 16 years old, finally a family decided to adopt him. Sonic was so hopeless but the first time in years he felt like he was worth something. Worth to have his own family, worth to be loved. That didn't hold long though, the family that adopted him had a son who decided to hate Sonic. Sonic never did anything to him, it was the opposite, he was so happy to have a brother now but it came out that the other boy was not happy at all. His 'brother' found out that Sonic was into boys and used this to get rid of him, accused him that he touched him without his consent. It was ridiculous and obviously not true, but his parents couldn't help but send him back to the children's care place.

Two more years, was all Sonic thought. With 18 he would be an adult and move to his own place. He knew it'll be hard to manage school and work at the same time, but it would be better than it was right now he thought. Everything changed when it came out that he had a living grandmother, fathers side. Sonic didn't know she existed because she didn't know about him too. His parents made a secret of him all his life and only told him that all his grandparents were dead.

His grandmother was more than excited to meet him and when they met, she loved her grandchild right away. She didn't waste anymore time and decided to take him home with her. For the first time in Sonic life, he felt like it was worth being part of this world. Sonic's grandmother treated him like her own child, the care she gave him could never heal the wounds his parents caused but it helped to move on from that. To get a better person, a happier person.

That luck didn't hold on long though, a year later it came out that his grandmother had breast cancer in it's final stage. She didn't have much time left, only a few months but Sonic decided to spend all of his free minutes with her, couldn't believe why this was happening. He found his happiness a year ago and now he'll lose it?

So sooner or later, his grandmother died and left a bigger hole in his heart than he had before. Before he never felt how it was to be loved but now, it burns deeper than he'd ever imagine. He was the saddest, most depressed version of himself. He started working the moment he knew that his grandmother couldn't take any care of them anymore to help her. Now she's gone, but he is still working. He turned 18 a week ago and didn't need to go back to the children's care ever again.