➳ Babe ✿ Charlie [torture me]

Words couldn't describe how annoyed Charlie was. Not only did he lost his job, but he also needed to go back there to bring his stuff back, working laptop and so on. He was mad, he was sad, he was salty. He has been working there for only a few months and now suddenly the manager realized that they don't have the financial capacities to afford an other employee? What kind of bullshit was that?

When Charlie walked into his working building, his hands started to sweat. Not because he had to face his colleagues again, but because the ground floor was full with people, there were at least 100 people. Charlie had bad social anxiety, that was why he applied to this job in the first place. He knew he could work remote, work from home so he thought this job was made for him. Obviously he knew that avoiding people wouldn't help with his social anxiety, but he had no nerves to fight this issue now. He just wanted to survive life at this point, and all these people blocking his way to the elevator made his heart race faster.

"I'm sorry.." Charlie said quietly and tried to get through the crowd, pushed some away. When he faced the elevator, he breathed out. He used the button for the elevator, tried to avoid the people around him. "Oh my god, he is so hot!" a few girls screamed, made Charlie look at them confused. Obviously he knew they didn't mean him, but who were they referring to? He looked to his left and saw a man with four bodyguards around him. The man was tall, muscular and looked like the main character of a novel. He smiled to the crowd, made different positions for the pictures everybody took but before Charlie could see more, the elevator finally came. "Thank god" Charlie whispered and got inside.

He clicked the button for the 15th floor - where his office was and waited for the doors to get closed. Luck was not on his side though, before the doors could close the famous man got inside as well. The bodyguard's tried to push the girl's away, but it took a while. "I'm sorry, can you take an other elevator by chance?" Charlie asked the famous man a little annoyed, just wanted this shitty situation behind him. Before the other man could answer, the bodyguards finally managed to keep the crowd away. The elevator started moving so for Charlie, this conversation was over. The famous man on the other side, he just looked at Charlie from top to bottom.

"I'm sorry, did you just ask me to leave?" the famous man asked and laughed out sarcastically. "Oh, eh" Charlie let out when he realized that the other man was talking to him. "Don't take it personal, it's just that I have really bad social anxiety.." Charlie told him, but the other one was still looking at him arrogantly. "Do you think you own this elevator?" he asked Charlie irritated. "You're in, so what's your problem right now?" Charlie asked irritated as well. "Do you know who I am? If I wanted to, I could buy this entire building" the other one said arrogantly. "I'm sorry, I think you misunderstood me. Do I look like I give a flying fuck?" Charlie asked and looked at the famous one challenging. "Other people would pay to stand in an elevator with me"

"Babe, just ignore him" the one bodyguard told him. The bodyguards were all his age, made Charlie wonder how they could actually protect Babe. "Yeah Babe, listen to your bodyguard" Charlie said with a fake smile on his lips and left the elevator when they were on the 15th floor. "Unbelievable" he heard Babe murmur behind him, but he didn't care anymore.

Charlie walked into his office even more annoyed than before but he had to go through this now, there was no chance back. "Ah Charlie, you're back" he heard his colleague call after him. Well, ex-colleague to be exact. "Yup" Charlie said awkwardly and walked to his old working desk. He grabbed his working laptop and all his other devices out of his bag and placed them on his desk. "Ist there anything else you need from me?" he asked since he couldn't remember if there was anything else left. "No, that's it I think. Thank you" the colleague reply dryly and Charlie only nodded. He didn't even get a proper goodbye, didn't even get a 'it was nice working with you'.. so disappointing.