Chapter 2 - The Sweetest

From the ground floor upwards, every room and hallway was decked in red and gold. The luxurious carpet was freshly vacuumed, and the decorations were thoroughly dusted. The golden lamps that lined the perfectly symmetrical hallways emitted a soft, warm light that reflected on each brass room plaque.

Spanning a fair few stories high, you wondered where the best view of Pentagram City was. The hotel had a professional gym with stable and impressive equipment, alongside an indoor and outdoor pool twice the size of Olympic swimming pools. A spa and wellness centre was located a floor above these two, featuring a sauna and every ingredient for perfect rejuvenation. Theatre, mini botanical garden, and bar, this hotel was a slice of heaven in hell.

Eventually, you both found yourselves in the lobby, sitting with tea and a few snacks."And... how is business?" You ask lightly.

"Not good," she was very upfront with the business failing so quickly, and news spread like wildfire about that matter. There was no benefit in lying. Especially sitting in a deathly silent lobby such as this. "How's the museum?" She quickly changed the subject.

"As clean and pristine as it always is," you give a sympathetic look, not pushing the hotel topic any further. "And those few months of expeditions were eventful, to say the least,"

"Woah, woah, hold on, you sayin' we got a Museum down 'ere?" Angel's eyes widen. "The hell?"

"Schools tend to be our main source of income, as well as Lucifer," you glance over, "we have a wide range of Hell history, Heaven history and even Earth history,"

"Earth?" Angel nearly drops from the couch he sprawled himself on.

"Acquired ethically. Though, it's nothing as significant as the Mona Lisa or Rosetta Stone," you explain.

"Not a clue what any of that shit is, but you seem smart, so I'll trust ya'," Angel leans back again, "so, what are you anyways? Some kinda professor person?"

"Curator, I worked mainly for private clients or museums when I was alive," you put the cup down and glance over to a silhouette slowly approaching the hotel doors, "now I manage the museum here,"

There was a slight creak heard by the front door, causing Husk to almost immediately sigh in disdain. Slowly, the door swung open to reveal a tune being gently hummed. A shadow quickly glided across the floor and onto the walls, its grin wicked and wide. All until its eyes landed on you.

"Always in such a rush," a crackling voice chuckles.

"Oh, you're back!" Charlie gets up and runs over, "There's someone I need to introduce you to," she waves you around, and a nervous feeling engulfs you. "This is Y/n, she's practically my aunt,"

"Practically," you muse, hand held out. While you expected this stranger to shake it, instead, his shadow grabbed it. You jump back in fright, taken further aback when you are pulled into a spin and dip.

"Hey-" Vaggie nearly lunges for the shadow as instinct, only for the stranger to pull his shadow back.

"What has gotten into you?" He laughs, slightly irritated. When you finally stop your head from spinning, you see the stranger approach, "apologies, he's usually more behaved!" his hands placed on your shoulders.

"No worries," you clear your throat, getting a better listen of his voice. It seemed so oddly familiar. As his hands move behind his back, the gentle touch of the skin sends a spark to your heart.

"Alastor, pleasure," he holds his hand back out, politely shaking yours without much interest as his eyes trail on the group, who had mixed reactions to his return.