Chapter 26 - Shotgun Fun

"Mimzy! Get your ass out here!" Sinners yell from outside while the target in question cowers behind you. "You have five seconds, or I'm blowing this shit hole up!"

"Mind uh... dealing with em?" she tugs at your robe. "Maybe call Ala-"

"Shut up," you order, storming to a couch and flipping it over. "One night. Just one peaceful night," mutters of annoyance found no recipient as you load up a shotgun. "Go to room-"

"What's going on?!" Vaggie runs in with her spear and Charlie with a frying pan. With a sudden spike of adrenaline coursing through your body, there was no time for upheld facades.

All that mattered was the safety of this hotel. God help you all.

"Ask our little guest here," you put the safety on and sigh out. "Don't think a frying pan will work, my dear," Charlie receives a small pat on the head. "Stay here. If I can't talk them out of it, then get Pentious' death ray... hopefully, it works,"

Vaggie and Charlie look at each other in concern, the princess tending to a scared Mimzy while Vaggie interrogates her. Silence takes over, each step taken being another closer to chaos until you pull the door open and find a large group of loan sharks standing around with a hefty amount of explosives.

"Evening, boys," you hide the shotgun behind the door. "Mind not setting this place ablaze? I'd highly appreciate it,"

"We know that bitch Mimzy's inside," one of them raises his pistol to you. "Get her out here, and we'll have no troubles, got it, doll?"

You give a soft laugh, "Oh, I don't think so. See, you've come onto these premises, and it would be in your very best interest to leave... before someone gets hurt,"

"Only person gettin' hurt will be you if you don't-!" the lead shark suddenly flies back with a rough scattering of shrapnel to his face.

"Boss?!" One of them yells while the others quickly get out their guns and open fire.

You shut the door and hide behind the sturdy wall, "well, guess we're at war!" You shrug, another barrel loaded, before you turn the corner and shoot at another two sharks. "I think it would be best to call the rest, ladies... just don't give Niffty any weapons," you nod to Vaggie, who salutes and runs back to the rooms.

"Uhm..." Charlie perks up from behind the bar, "Did you need help?"

"Oh, don't worry, my sweet, let Aunty Y/n deal with this!" you wave a hand, turning the corner again and shooting a small section of explosives, which unfortunately only killed one other shark. A few minutes go by as the deafening rain of ammunition pounded against the hotel, a single second of silence allowing you to shoot down two more sharks in a swift movement.

A call from the hall suddenly rings out, "Back up is here!" Angel held up his Tommy gun while Husk ran to aid you. "Starting some fun without us, eh?"

"We're just getting started," you let him take a glance at the group.

"Still think that innocent facade will fool him?" Husk comments smugly, seeing the damage you've done.

You give him a plain look. "Just help me out here," you and Husk step out, dice flung mid-air, which you shoot with expert aim. A flash-bang blinds a few, giving Angel enough time to open fire on the group.

With this moment of confusion and chaos, you and Husk subdue a few sharks, cards flying around and slicing at necks while the base of your gun is used to knock out a few. Thankfully, Pentious' eggs run out from under and around Angel, little firearms and knives in their hands. "Go on, you little freaks," Vaggie ushers them out of the hotel, joining the fight soon enough.