Chapter 30 - Footage

Overlords lean in to witness the carnage in sadistic delight. Alastor was the only one not to bother much attention. This was you. The sweet Y/n who took care of him when he fell ill. The thoughtful Y/n who would drop off snacks at the radio station with a note. The gentle Y/n who would help bandage up wounds he got from his shotgun after hunting.

"Perfect... now you'll see what we're dealing with," Vox successfully transfers the scarce and badly damaged file to his equally damaged screen to show everyone.

The video is glitchy and static-filled, jumping from scene to scene. The audio started scratchy before forming a clear sound alongside the video. You can be seen bursting through the doors, and instantly, Alastor leers forward, eyes wide and nails digging into the table.

Shouting is heard, the agitation evident in your voice. The screen glitches, and in a single flash, it's seen that Vox attempted a stupid decision. If it weren't for his curiosity, Alastor would have Vox's head mounted on his wall instantly.

Eventually, your first move was seen, the frame being kicked into Vox's face, causing Rosie to giggle. "That was quite good," she comments.

As Vox tries to recover, Valentino lunges forward. You dodge his swing with ease, hands behind your back as you kneel and knock him to the ground. "Wanting some fun too?" You chuckle smugly, kicking the gun out of his hand. "Come on, I thought you two were meant to be scary!" A gun fires and the camera glitches again.

All the overlords shuffle closer to the screen.

Clear again, the video shows you emptying the clip of Vox's gun and letting the bullets scatter the ground. "Didn't you learn that little bullet won't save you?" you toss the empty weapon to one side as Vox summons wires from vents. "Now, how is this fair, boys?"

"Shut the fuck up," Vox clutches his chest with a groan. The wires shoot forward, buzzing with malice and aiming right for your face.

"Whoops!" You dodge each attempt swiftly, metal crushing into concrete walls. "That's just pathetic," mockingly shaking your head; this only seemed to anger the two men more.

Val slumps against the wall, catching his breath before staggering your way, throwing a punch here and there but failing once again. "Get back here, you bitch!"

The camera glitches once more, and it seems only static was shown for hours when, in fact, the video was up again in seconds. This time, it seemed like you were at a disadvantage as they backed you into a corner. Your eyes dart back and forth as a quick decision has to be made before they cause a scratch.

"Nowhere to run now," Vox chuckles, wiping his screen while Valentino licks up the blood from his lips. "Any last words?"

You give a smug look and point down, "your shoes are untied,"

"Huh?" both men look down, only to realise they both used velcro. In this second, Carmilla, Rosie, Velvette (both on-screen and off), Zeezi and Carmilla's two daughters slap their foreheads.

You grab a potted plant and smash the terracotta against Valentino's head before kicking Vox back. "I can't believe that actually worked," you look at Velvette, who rolls her eyes.

"You'd be surprised," she mumbles. "Carry on,"

You nod and push a knocked-out Valentino to the side. "Now, didn't I warn you?" You ask Vox, who tries to crawl away, claws digging into the ground. "This could've all been avoided if you just listened to me!" As he reached a bookshelf near his desk, he knew his time was finally up. You pull open his desk drawer and find a pen knife adorned with jewels, letting it glint in the light.

The video glitches once again, an instant annoyance at this tense moment.

"I gave you a chance, and now you need to learn actions have consequences," your distorted voice says before the video appears again. You press your heel against Vox's chest, not expecting him to grab your foot and fling you back.