Chapter 27 - Carnage

You sat at your desk with a solemn look on your face while reviewing new documents concerning shipments from Earth. It was nothing remarkable; it was just additional aspects to existing exhibitions found all year round. Your team sat in your office taking notes, handing papers, and listening to your every word. It was coming towards the end of the day, and nearly everything was sorted.

Another day, another routine, it was all according to plan.

Well, so you thought.

"When Stolas arrives for his meeting tomorrow, please let him be aware we are moving it to meeting room 3. Make sure the table in meeting room 1 is fixed by then," You tell Cecelia. "Is there-" a knock is suddenly heard, "come in!"

A tiny imp demon peers into the room, "Miss Y/n? I have Miss Rosie on line four,"

"Rosie?" You look at your staff and assure them it was acceptable to be in the room as you took the call. "Hello?"

"Hey, doll!" She gleams when your voice is heard, "I've got a little news for ya from Asmodeus,"

Finally, you remember the cancelled meeting and sit up in interest. "News?" You glance to Cecelia, who hands over a notebook and pen. "Tell me,"

"So you know that Angel security that wannabe Vox has been making?" she grins, "one of my gals who works for him says he's been testing it out, and it's looking promising,"

Your face suddenly falls, "Promising?"

"Mhm!" She takes a bite of a finger, humming in delight, "Businesswoman to businesswoman, let me know if you need help scaring the little sucker into the gutter,"

"Thank you, Rosie, I truly appreciate the heads up," you both bid each other farewell. "I need a meeting with Vox for 8 am sharp tomorrow. Other than that, you are all dismissed," standing up, you hand papers to Cecelia and grab your coat from Alexander. "Have a good evening, everyone,"

~~~

The very next morning, you were up and ready for the day before anyone else. For the past three weeks, Alastor prepped your lunch and breakfast after finding out you lacked both during the day. He was almost taken aback at the fact you had forgotten such an important thing, even going as far as to send his shadow minions on a miniature quest to deliver homemade snacks and a drink each day.

Yes, he and Niffty would take a moment out of their day to bake for the hotel, more so for you, but it would be rude to deny the others a taste.

A smile takes over your face as you read the small note Alastor had written.

Don't worry about today, my dear. You will be fantastic.
- Alastor

Just as you step outside the hotel, with the breeze rushing past and drink in hand, you hear a ring in your coat pocket. With a curious look overtaking, you pick it up, "Yes, Cecelia? I'm on the way right-" In those very few seconds, your body shuts down, finding only two options: Fight or flight. And you sure as hell weren't going to run away.

Your drink hit the ground, spilling all over the pathway as you run down the hill with reckless abandon. This couldn't be happening. This shouldn't be happening.

Decades of hard work and the one thing that had slipped your mind was the reason your world came crumbling down.

Your body slams down against dirt and grime-laced streets, pain surging through your body. Blood trickles down your face, meeting your lips for a metallic sting as screams ring in your ears.

"Oh my god, are you okay??" A blonde girl rushes over with nothing but concern in her eyes, arms stretched out to help you.

"Where am I?!" you scramble back in fear, raising your hand to reveal a blinding white steel blade glistening in the crimson light. "What are you?!"