Chapter 13 - A little help

Dinner with Lucifer, while rare, was always two things: delicious and eventful. Whether this event was positive or negative was indeed a mystery until the moment it happened. However, with more than the usual two to four people at dinner, it was now a table worth of chaos.

You walk awkwardly towards Angel's room, knocking lightly on his door. "Nifty, I swear to- oh, it's you," Angel was in his dressing gown, leaning against the door with a raised brow.

"Mind if I come in?" You look down the hall and then back to him. "I need to speak with you privately,"

"Uh... now really isn't-" he glances to the side.

"If you're worried about you and Husk's romantic escapades, know I will keep my mouth shut," you hold a hand to your heart, "you are both... dressed, yes?"

"Yeah..." Husk grumbles from behind the door.

"Halfway there," Angel snickers, "right, come on in, toots, what can I do for ya?"

"Actually, you both might be able to help... considering you've known Alastor for a bit, I assume," you gesture to Husk.

"Not by choice, but I got a good idea of the guy... kinda," he shrugs. "But why ya looking to me for help? Aren't you both best buds?"

"Fuck buds, maybe," Angel comments making you glare, "damn, my bad, mouth sealed shut," he holds his hands up and lets you in.

"While you're right about us being close during life, I must admit he's changed since the last time we saw each other..." you sit on an ottoman by Angel's dresser. "I feel like I know him, yet he's a stranger,"

"So you wanna impress, but you don't know how," Husk smirks, "don't worry, the whole hotel knows you like the guy,"

"Is it that obvious?" You inquire, honestly not wanting the answer.

Angel looks to the time, then back to you and Husk. "Didn't Al mention a gal in Cannibal Town? Charlie said she owns some decent shit. The one Niffty was on about,"

"Rosie? He and I bumped into her the other day," you rummage in your pockets and see her number scribbled on a piece of paper. "Do you think she'd want to help? I've only met her once,"

"Oh, come on, she'd probably say, 'Who could say no to a pretty face like you?' The moment you ask." Husk hums.

~~~

"Who could say no to a pretty face like you?" Rosie takes your hands.

"Told ya," Husk nudges Angel.

"Alastor is a real sucker for red," she drags you towards the fashion level of her emporium. "You know, he told me one time he saw you wearing this snazzy scarlet dress when you both went out for dinner; nearly gave him a heart attack right on the spot!" She compliments with a wink. "You'd be able to impress him in neon yellow, sweetheart; you're an absolute stunner!"

~~~

The process was lengthy; from picking out to trying out and then choosing one, you were an absolute mess. Rosie had dragged you from clothing rack to clothing rack, showing you your options and even choosing some out herself. Husk ended up holding these in a large pile as Angel chose a multitude of jewellery and accessories.

By the tenth dress, you were on the floor in the changing room with a trembling frown. Angel and Husk peer in with concerned glances given back to the Overlord. "Oh dear, okay, no need to worry so much!" Rosie kneels to your side.

"I don't know why, but I feel like everything is falling apart!" You cry into your knees.

"A tad bit dramatic," Husk mumbles from outside.

"I am not dramatic!" You yell, your voice distorting as blue fire outlines your body. "Am I?" Focus was then put on Rosie as the flames extinguished instantly, and your eyes watered up again.

"No, no," she shoos the other two away. "I was a mess before I went out with my ex-husband for the first time. I have no clue why, but you live, and you learn," she shrugs. "The point is that you both enjoy each other's company. No matter what you're wearing or how you look, if a guy is worth a dime, the last thing he's going to be focusing on is what sleeves you got or the exact shade of red you're wearing," Rosie takes a handkerchief to your face, wiping the tears. "Now, how about we narrow a few down and go from there?"

You nod and get up with her, "You're right, plus it's dinner with everyone else," trying your best to calm yourself. The feeling never subsided, but you held your head high and exited the changing room.

~~~

"So, what's the vibe?" Vaggie tries to break the silence as she and Charlie get changed. "Should we be worried?"

"Uh, usually no... but with Al and Dad in the same room, hell, the same building for more than an hour is going to be pushing it," Charlie bursts into short, manic, and frankly ironic laughter. "We'll probably be fine,"

"Right... do I look at least a little presentable?" Vaggie walks out of the bathroom wearing a floor-length dress; her hands gloved to the elbow.

Charlie's eyes sparkle with nothing but pure, unmistakable love. "I love you," she sighs out.

~~~

After paying for all the items, plus a generous discount from Rosie herself, you felt a weight lift off your shoulders. "Please don't mention this to Alastor. I couldn't bear the thought of him knowing I was this nervous,"

"Your secret is safe with me, darlin'," she winks, "now run along! I can't wait to hear what he thinks," she grins, "I'm sure he'll come running to tell me all about how stunnin' you looked!"

~~~

I'm back !! Sorry for the lack of content; as those of you who follow me know, I had to fly back home to Indonesia for my grandfather's funeral

I'm back !! Sorry for the lack of content; as those of you who follow me know, I had to fly back home to Indonesia for my grandfather's funeral. It was a three-day thing, so there was lots to do, etc.

It's still a little rough, so I'm not sure how often I'll release chapters, but here's one for now! 

Tysm to everyone for your kind words and support during this time. It means a lot.

- Anna ❤️