Chapter 10 - Secret Exhibit

Alastor felt his heart pick up its pace as you dragged him down the hall. Despite being the head of this institution, there were still cameras, and Lucifer kept watch. The divorce was hitting him harder than he anticipated.

Slipping through an archway, you stop suddenly. Alastor glances at you with a tilted head, watching you hold up a small remote, which immediately freezes the feed to Lucifer's computer. "Luci doesn't like others seeing exhibits before they open," you whisper.

"Luci?" Alastor tilts his head, a furrow of confusion on his face.

"Lucifer, Charlie's dad, we're good friends," you explain nonchalantly.

Alastor's narrow in disdain, his smile clenching. "Good friends, hm?" He mutters to himself, mocking Lucifer.

"Heaven was kind enough to lend us an extraordinary exhibit; I wanted you to be the first to see it," you unlock the final door to reveal a collection of enchanting plants. In pastel and vibrant hues, the large room flowed with heavenly innocence. Glimmering flowers bloomed like gemstones from the rich emerald leaves; it was flawless beauty as god had intended. Labelled and sorted for easy assembling, Heaven had allowed a section of Eden to be brought down. "Isn't it gorgeous?" You glance at him, "what? Are you to tell me you've seen a sight more beautiful?"

"You're a fair contender," he comments just loud enough for you to hear. "Now, how about you explain every little detail here for the next two hours?"

You scoff, folding your arms, "I do not chatter that much. I'll just quickly explain!"

~~~

You, in fact, did not quickly explain. Not that Alastor minded at all. He followed you into a patch of grass under an apple tree. There you both sat after you had talked for an hour. Each minute was Heaven in itself as decades of lonesome thoughts were now replaced with the sound of your voice.

"And there's the two-hour mark," he eventually glanced at his watch and smiled triumphantly.

You stop just as you were to move onto another tangent. The cogs in your mind start to turn a little faster until it clicks, "You absolute- now, that's just rude,"

He leans back against the tree with a hearty chuckle, watching as you fold your arms in annoyance. "No need to be so upset, my dear," his shadow moves beside you, knocking you to the side just enough to have you scramble off Alastor's lap. "I enjoy listening to you," he eases your fright from the push by taking your hand in his. He guides you against his chest, your eyes fixed on him as Alastor lifts your hand to his lips, kissing it gently. "I've missed you, my dear,"

The gentle tone of his voice soothed you, "I truly thought I'd never see you again," you squeeze his hand. "You've certainly done well for yourself... The Radio Demon. I never knew it was you,"

"Didn't recognise my charming persona?" he teases.

"Not so charming after that awful review on my museum," you shoot back with a knowing look. It seemed that caused his heart to drop and face to pale, excuses bubbling up in his mind and ready to pour out when- "Don't worry. It was lovely to see you eat your own words on the following broadcast,"

He grits his teeth a little in petty defeat, "Credit is due where credit is due," he chimes admittedly, "But you, my dear, this is exactly what I knew you were capable of!" he gestures to the room, "Eden. I must ask, how did you manage?"

"Oh! Uhm..."

Choked-up sobs filled the Heaven embassy meeting room. "Aw, did that make lil ol' Adam cry?" you mock, "Don't think I don't see through your shit, you douchebag," blue flames roared around your figure, a significant accumulation of this magic focused into your hand. "You think you can insult Lucifer like that and then deny my very generous offer??"

"I'm sorry!" Adam cried; his mask had fallen, and his brown hair had swept over his face. "Please! I'm sorry, dude, get her away from me! Anything you want, man, take it!"

"You know, just my usual persuasive self!" You laugh awkwardly, looking down at his watch and widening your eyes, "Oh dear, we better get back to the others," you stand up quickly, Alastor following. "I'm sorry, we really should catch up better another time; I really can't be late for these meetings,"

Alastor wasn't to complain. You were busy. Besides, he's waited a fair few decades. What's a few more hours?

~~~

"Tall, dark and creepy over here getting some action," Angel winks at Al once he returns to the group waiting in the lobby.

"Excuse me?" He stares bewildered at the group.

"What Angel means is that, uh, we were wondering what was taking you and Y/n so long," Charlie explains, "where is Y/n?"

"Meetings. And get those crude thoughts out of your mind; Y/n was showing me an exhibit that might interest me," he explains with an irritated eye roll. "Y/n is a very respectable woman,"

"Bet she wants you to disrespect h-" Angel was almost instantly tied up by shadows and thrown out of the museum.

"Asshole!" He yells, falling a fair few feet away from the doors.

Alastor spins his microphone, humming a gentle tune as he ignores the mixed faces from everyone. "What? A lesson will be taught when needed, especially manners!" He laughs with the laughing track, placing both hands behind his back, "Any other comments needed to be made? No? Good! Very good," he pops up behind the group and pushes them towards the gift shop, "how about some souvenirs?"

~~~

Sorry for the short chapter !!

- Anna ❤️