Chapter 28 - Clean Up

Cecelia walks through the ruins of the museum with Alexander by her side. Each step echoes against the walls, demons rushing by to pick up rubble while others sweep away dust.

"Alex, what are we going to do?" Cecelia runs her hand through her hair, "I mean, it's a mess!"

"Only if we don't start work now," Alex picks up a heavy piece of wood with a little bit of struggle. "Miss Y/n has worked her ass off for this place, treated us well, paid us handsomely, and shown us hard work reaps great rewards,"

Cecelia places her notebook to the side and rolls her sleeves up, "you're right. Let's get this done,"

"Not without us," a few more footsteps approach from behind them both, revealing Charlie and the whole hotel dressed to help.

"Miss Morningstar?" Cecelia adjusts her glasses with wide eyes, "what are you all doing here?"

"Helping out, duh," Angel folds his arms, "what? Ya thought you were on your own?" he laughs,

"With a little magic here and there..." Alastor manifests a few shadow minions, "I'm sure this place will be in tip-top shape in no time!"

"You all really don't have to. We work here-" Alex was then interrupted by Husk.

"Yeah, but like ya said, Y/n's done a lot," he cracks his back and picks up a large plank of wood, "now hop to it. We ain't got all day,"

~~~

Your body slumps down against the stairs of V Tower, the adrenaline finally running out and leaving you exhausted. "Hey, mind sparing me one?" you call out to a passerby who was smoking a cigarette. He gives a shrug and hands one over before continuing on his way.

You shake your head, letting it hang from your lips before using your finger to ignite a small flame. "Don't you know those things will kill you?" A voice hums from your right.

"Can't die twice," you roll your eyes at Lucifer. "What do you want?"

"No need to be hostile," he sits next to you, "You look like shit, by the way,"

"Thanks," you give him a mocking smile and offer him a drag, which he denies. "Mind answering my question?"

"Well, I took a look at the damage, and it sure doesn't look good," he says honestly before leaning on his elbows, "but I got replacements. Anything I couldn't was fixed with a little Holy help... Adam is still scared of you,"

"Good," you let the ash fall to the ground with a slight tap, "what about repairs to the building?"

"Since you're the best aunt ever, Charlie and her Hazbin gang are there right now fixing it all up," Lucifer explains, "even your knight in... crimson armour,"

"What?" you sit up and look at him for more explanation.

"I called Charlie to let her know what happened... one thing led to another, and now I suspect they're all there," he stands up and holds a hand out, "I'll admit, they're not a bad bunch..."

"But why?"

"Is it that hard to figure out? Y/n, you're a good person, and funnily enough, that makes people like you," Lucifer laughs, "now, come on, let's go help out... Oh, and you might want to get rid of all that blood," he smiles softly.

~~~

"I won't lie to you," Husk says to Angel as they sweep up a section of the museum, "I have never seen him work this hard," they glance to Alastor, who gives a small grunt while lifting fallen marble and adding it to a pile his shadow was wheelbarrowing out of the way.