Chapter 12 - Dear friend

"Ugh, why aren't they dating yet??" Charlie grumbles into her palms, watching as you and Alastor talk over coffee and tea in the parlour. "It's literally been days!" she looks at Husk, "what am I doing wrong?"

"You have hope," he replies bluntly, leaning against the counter, "I don't think that cold-hearted son of a bitch has a single emotion, let alone whatever the fuck you're implying he has,"

"I bet you he's just covering up," Angel counters.

"Maybe we're pushing them too much, hon," Vaggie places a hand on Charlie's back, "maybe we should-"

"Maybe we should ask Rosie," Nifty pops up beside Husk, making him jump.

"Not another damn overlord," he scoffs, "I'm sitting this one out,"

"Maybe we should just leave them be," Vaggie finally finishes her sentence. "He seems less murder-y, so let's not ruin it,"

"I must agree. They seem rather enthralled by each other's company," Pentious notes, sighing in envy.

"I still think he's an asshole, if anyone cares," Husk raises his bottle, only to look over at Charlie when her phone rings. "Your old man calling?"

Charlie looks up in surprise, "how'd you know?"

Husk scoffs, "daddy issues,"

Charlie's face falls before she focuses back on the phone, which she eventually picks up. "Hey, Dad... what's up?"

"Char-Char! Charlo! Charl- Charlie!" He eventually ends up sticking with her usual nickname. "Is Y/n with you? Did she block my number again?"

"Uh... shit, Y/n?" Charlie calls out your name. "Did you block my dad's number?"

"Yup!" you chime cheerfully, carrying on your conversation with Alastor almost instantly after.

"You wouldn't mind me stopping by, would you?" Lucifer asks over the phone.

Charlie looked around at the group, who shrugged, uninterested, except Vaggie, who nodded encouragingly. "No, not at" The hotel door bursts open, and Lucifer stands there with a proud smile, "All... oh, hey, Dad!" She drags on with an awkward glance at Alastor.

They never got along, and the problem is you got along with both of them. What if Alastor is too mean to her father? What if her father is too mean to Alastor? Oh god, this could go wrong in so many different ways!

"Luci?" You stand up, surprised. "Okay, did the blocking really upset you?"

"I actually couldn't give that much of a shit," he admits, "but since you're my bestie, as the kids say, I suppose I should update you on our little friend Adam,"

You could feel a flicker of fire manifest at your fingertips. "Not here in front of everyone, Lucifer," you fasten your steps to Lucifer, grabbing him by the shoulders and forcing him out the door.

"Woah! Careful with the goods," Lucifer transforms into a snake and rests on your shoulders. "Anyways, your little- Y/n? What are you-? Oh fuck!" You had grabbed his tail and swung him into the air.

"Good riddance," you dust your hands, closing the hotel doors behind you. "What?" When you turn back, you're met with confused faces.

"Alright, dad-almighty, I'll shut up," Lucifer appears to your right. "Just sort it out. And get Paimon off my ass. Literally." He holds his phone out to show a number of messages and missed calls. "You can talk to the guy; most of the time, he has his hands all over me,"

"Excuse me," Charlie deadpans.

"Only reason he doesn't have his hands all over me is that I'd break them," you mumble to Lucifer, who snorts. From the sideline, Alastor gripped his microphone tighter, narrowing his eyes at every move Lucifer made. "Oh, just tell him I'll give him a visit tomorrow if he doesn't stop," you soon dismiss, unable to tolerate Paimon's whining.

"And uh, why would a Goetia be scared of you and not hot shot king of hell here?" Husk leans on the counter amusedly, wanting to test the waters of his theory.

You give a glance over, trying to seem unbothered, "I know his mother,"

Husk nods, not wholly convinced, "Fair enough,"

"Since I'm here and you're not actively ignoring or pissing me off, we should have dinner, catch up, do whatever's hip and swag," he nudges before sighing, "yes, now I see why you've been ignoring me,"

"Aw. Aren't you just the smartest little cookie?" You tease. "Dinner is fine by me. Palace, 7 pm tonight, please don't make everything duck-themed,"

Alastor didn't like the sound of that, except maybe the lack of duck decor.

"Hey, I love Duck-a-roni and cheese," Charlie chuckles, reminiscing on her father's cooking.

"Well, why don't you go along with them?" Alastor pushes Charlie between you and Lucifer, hugging everyone together. "It'll be a wonderful way to catch up together! In fact, why shouldn't we all go?"

Lucifer scowls, "Oh, it's you again," he pushes away from Alastor, dragging Charlie with him.

"You've met Alastor then?" You quip out of curiosity.

"Is that his name?" Lucifer retorts quietly.

"Don't be rude," you nudge him with your foot. "Al and I were very close when we were alive,"

"There was no better company," he places a hand possessively against your waist, pulling you closer to his side.

"Says you. There was never a boring day with you," you lean into his hold, which made a red hue rise to Lucifer's face.

"That's great! Totally interesting," Lucifer pushes between you both. "Anyways, 7 was it? Dress nice," he kicks Alastor subtly, making the demon stumble back ever so slightly as Lucifer pulls you into a tight hug. "Seriously though, if Paimon doesn't leave me alone, I fear for my life,"

"Not my clown, not my circus!" You sing, pushing him out the door, "Stay safe!" You mockingly blow him a kiss before slamming the door shut. "Well, I guess we have dinner sorted!" Passing by the group, you focus on finding something suitable for the occasion.

~~~

I would tell Charlie I think her dad is hot without hesitation

I would tell Charlie I think her dad is hot without hesitation. Like damn, why did they have to make him so Pookie

- Anna ❤️