Chapter 25 - Late night visit

You clutched your chest, unable to stop laughing. "Oh, god, there's no way!"

"Believe me, it was hard to fathom at first!" he gives a hearty laugh while leading you back to the hotel. "I suppose no one would think Zestial was partial to pastels,"

"A man of culture, I see," finally settling down, you both walk through the lobby with quiet talk and unwavering smiles. "Speaking of... you will love what I heard word of from our dearest Rosie," you pull him closer, whispering into his ear.

"They seem to be having a blast," Pentious comments to Angel, sitting by the bar with everyone else. "Must be nice..."

"I won't lie to ya, kinda cute," Angel shrugs dismissively, "guess you did good, Charls,"

From the couch, the princess was holding in an explosive amount of excitement. "Babe, are you okay?" Vaggie questions softly, slightly amused.

Once you and Alastor had made it past the lobby, not noticing anyone, Charlie burst out with a big grin, "Oh, they're so in love! And- and- did you see how he looked at Y/n?? Oh my gosh!"

"Deep breath, hon, we saw," Vaggie assures while Angel finishes his drink and walks after the two of you, Husk not far behind.

~~~

Alastor stood at your door while you placed your coat over your chair, "don't stand at the door like a stranger," you glance over your shoulder.

He gives a short hum, using a tiny sliver of magic to turn your record player on. A vinyl manifests on, and the needle drops to play a song he couldn't bother to recall the name of. "Did you enjoy your night, my dear?" from behind, one hand slips around your waist while the other gently takes your hand.

Your face seemed to ignite like a bonfire the moment you felt him take hold of you, "have I done anything to suggest differently?" you start a slight sway, one arm held out and your other hand on top of his. Back against his chest, heartbeats in near-sync; it was like you were back in your little slice of heaven again. "I missed doing this... I wish we had more time to do this,"

"We have our entire afterlife, my dear," he brings your hand to his lips, kissing your knuckles. "I promise you,"

Angel and Husk peer into the room with curiosity overtaking sensible judgment. "Well, I'll be damned," Husk mutters to Angel.

"Anytime you wish for my company, just say the word, and I'll be there," Alastor then says, "as you said, it's been much too long and oh so many years to make up for,"

You look up at him, letting him press his forehead against yours, "keep this up, and it will be made up in no time,"

"Say no more," a kiss places itself on your temple, "now, let me truly take in how beautiful you look before you head to bed," he pulls you from his hold, hand still on your waist but the other now holding your face. "Absolutely gorgeous," he takes it all in.

"You're just saying that," you adjust your dress, trying to smooth the creases.

"Because it's true," and while his following words sparked a soft buzz of jealousy, his mind was in too much of a haze to keep it at bay, "Any man would be lucky to set sights on you, let alone gain your affections, my dear. Trust that to be the truth,"

It didn't seem right to reply; in fact, you couldn't reply as your mind seemed to fuzz up with the urge to pour your heart out to him. Ask him to be that very man who received your affection. To be the only man who ever set sights on you. To be yours, through and through, as you were his.

Just as your lips parted to say something you may or may not regret, the clock tower's heavenly chimes ring through all of hell, marking the start of the next hour. "I suppose I'll let you wind down for the night, hm?" Reluctantly, he let go of your hand but not before one more kiss on your cheek, "Goodnight, ma douce,"