Chapter 22- Almost there...

I can't be here anymore...It's not because of the people. Honestly they treat me okay, the guards never hurt me or forced me to do anything I don't want to do. The only thing is...they want me to go out in a war. A war that I have no business fighting in. I've never so much as hit anyone growing up. My name is Malina and I am not a fighter, they call me babe because I am the sweetest. I might not be so sweet if I have to kill someone...

"Babe, what are you doing?" Winter asked her as she was playing with her fingers in deep thought. Babe jumped and turned her blonde head to face Winter, "oh, nothing important...Do you need anything?"

Winter laughed and said "Nothing important, huh? Well we have to get ready for tonight." Babe now wide eyed said "TONIGHT!?!?!?!? Already? I don't even know what to bring we never discussed this!"

Winter laughed and said "All we have to do is go towards the forest and grab the weapons on the training grounds.The door to escape is just beyond there. We will get out through there." Babe now worried asked "What do we need the weapons for?"

Winter looked down and said "Just in case...That's all I can tell you. I'm sorry" Babe was uneasy about this situation so she stood up and walked away slowly.

----------------------

Rodrigo was walking with Lily and noticed that there were guards around that door they were going to escape from. Lily looked at Rodrigo worried "Are you sure we will get out of here...alive?"

Rodrigo looked at her and gave her a reassuring smile and said "Si! Vamanos for we have a great journey ahead of us." Lily rolled her eyes and said "Why are you talking like that?"

He laughed and pulled her into the mini forrest to check everything out."Where are you taking me?" She yelled at him furiously. "Well, we do need to find things we could use to get out"

She had a stupid look on her face "Oh...I knew that...but how come you only asked me to come with you?" Rodrigo smirked a little and said "Because you my friend are my favorite one to talk to." he didn't look at her but looked in a far off direction. 

"Well thanks! Now what are you looking at" she said with a blush on her face. He pointed and said "Look there, the weapons!" He ran to them and saw that they were in a small circle. There were bows and arrows, swords and shields. 

"This will be perfect. I hope you don't mind breaking a nail or getting a little dirty." He laughed and she just grunted. 

----------------

They had no plan at all. They didn't know what the signal would be. All they knew was at what time to be there and there will be only four people: Lily, Babe, Winter and Rodrigo. Nightfall came and they got in position.

The guards would be watching out to make sure everything is peaceful so they all decided to sleep in winter's tent. Of course Rodrigo couldn't join since he was the only boy. He kept look out from his tent to see when most of the guards would be off their shift. 

The hour that most of the guards left Rodrigo raced to Winter's tent and peaked his head into it to wake them up. Lily was using Babe's thigh as a pillow and Winter was wide awake. "Guys it's time to get going." 

Winter said "Okay, just go wait for us by the forest and we will come shortly." He nodded and snuck by the handful of tents in his way. He didn't want anyone to tag along. 

"Rodrigo...this...way..." he heard a voice whisper to him somewhere in front of him. He looked up and saw a little girl running towards the forest. "Come on you don't have all night..." The voice was faint and creepy. " What the?" he said under his breathe.

He walked towards her and as he got closer he could see that she was slightly transparent. A ghost probably...

"Come on!" she said annoyed. He ran and bent down  next to her "I'm gonna help you but only if you promise me one favor, but I cant tell you yet" He nodded and said "Of course."

He followed her deep within the forest and she told him "Hide behind that bush"  

----------------------------------------

Winter and the girls ran to the forest and couldn't find him. "I'm over here guys" he whispered.

 ____________________________________________________________________________

TO BE CONTINUED...