Chapter 20-Old friends

"Rodrigo, how long until we get out of this hellhole? I'm tired of training! Babe and Winter are tired too." Lily looked impatient. Her blonde hair was up in a bun and a few strands of hair was sticking out. She looked restless and thin.

Rodrigo gave her a long look and said,"Lily, calm down chica. All you do is complain! Dios mio! Do you ever shut up?" He threw his arms up in the air in frustration. He just wanted to get out of her nagging presence.

Before Lily could start fighting Babe took this situation into her own hands "Okay! Both of ya'll stop." She said this in a southern accent which came from her mothers south side. She usually only starts talking like that when she is annoyed or just angry. "If we all want to get out of here in one piece we will work together, starting now."

Rodrigo had nothing to say so he kept his mouth shut. Lily did the same. Rodrigo let out a breath and said "Okay so I know a guard that is willing to help us get out of here. His name is Shane, he has a five o'clock shadow, dark brown hair, and makes me feel a little small but for the record I am am buff he's just overly buff." He winks at Babe and waits for an answer.

Babe looked at him confused, "Is he serious?" she thought. "How are you sure he's not playing you?"  Her face looked so innocent and curious, he answered her, "Well, Shane and I go way back. He's my father's best friend. He is telling the truth I promise you" He clutched his hands into fists waiting for her answer.

Babe smiled her sweet million dollar smile and said "Well, if you can trust him, I will trust him." Lily rolled her eyes not enjoying this little sweet moment and grabbed Babe by the arm to start planning.

Rodrigo walked over to his old friend Shane and asked him how they will do this. Shane, about twice the size as Rodrigo answered "Okay so there is this secret door in the back. I was kind of hoping you could tell me how many are going with you." Rodrigo whispered "three others."

Shane nodded his head and said "That's perfect! Not too many and not too little. I really do hope you know what your doing here. I hope you aren't doing this to impress anyone. I know how you are Rodrigo, you were a bit of a wild one some time ago." His forehead started to wrinkle and his eyes just showed how worried he was. All you could see in his eyes is despair.  Rodrigo meant the world to him because he knew his father only wants the best for him, and for him to be locked up in this place simply will not do.

Rodrigo looked at his face for a little bit and answered, "Shane, I'm fine now. Trust me on this one. Mi amigo you have nothing to worry about. I'm just acting as a messenger. My friend told me to watch over the three of them and to make sure they don't have to live another week in this place. You know I always keep my promises. Gracias by the way." Shane smiled and quickly glanced around to see if anyone was looking at him.

He hugged Rodrigo knowing that this would be the last time he would see the son he never had. "The door on the south side of the dome will be open at nightfall. Don't hesitate to grab your friends and leave. Once you hear the signal you will escape. Got it?" Rodrigo asked before walking away "Wait what's the signal?"

Shane answered "You will know. Now go before anyone suspects anything."

Rodrigo did just that and walked away to warn the other three about this new plan.