💙 Chapter Sixteen 💙

Author's pov

"By the way Hyungie, I plucked the black rose last week but nothing happened" Jungkook said playing with Taehyung's buttons.

"What? Taehyung shouted surprised.

"Yeah" Jungkook added not knowing the gravity of what he said.

Taehyung lifted Jungkook up in his arms.

"Hyungie, put me down" Jungkook shouted but Tae ignored it and run to his room with Jungkook in his arms.

Soon, Tae reached his room and placed Jungkook gently onto the bed.

"Just lie down there I am coming " Taehyung said and rushed out before Jungkook could say anything.

Jungkook pouted heavily not understanding Tae's change in behaviour.

Taehyung went out and called the royal physician. He brought him to his room making Jungkook look at him weirdly.

"Hyungie, why is the royal physician here?" Jungkook asked confused.

"He is here for your check up." Taehyung replied and turned towards the physician.

"Check him for any traces of poison" Taehyung said to the physician and gestured him to start. The physician bowed and started the check up.

He soon finished and said"Your majesty there is no poison in his blood. May I know why you asked me to check?"

"No, no need you can go" Taehyung said and dismissed the physician not wanting that piece of information to spread.

"Hyungie what is this?" Jungkook asked

"It's weird" Taehyung replied absentmindedly

"What is weird?" Jungkook asked again.

"Listen" Taehyung said and abruptly held Jungkook's hand in his making Jungkook startled.

"You see that black rose" Taehyung started making Jungkook nod.

"It is supposed to kill" Taehyung revealed.So this is why Tae was panicking?

"Apart from the demon king that rose also kills, it kills the person that plucks it. However it is only found in the demon king's palace." Taehyung explained further.

"Am I going to die now?" Jungkook asked in a low voice but Taehyung shook his head in disagreement.

"No, it is supposed to take immediate effect but since it didn't and there is no traces of poison, you are not going to die." Taehyung explained.

"Oh, but why?" Jungkook asked curious to know the reason why the rose didn't affect him.

"That is what I don't know" Taehyung explained rubbing his forehead in frustration.

They both sat in silence till Taehyung got up suddenly.

"Let's ask the others" Taehyung said and helped Jungkook up from the bed.

They both walked out of the room hand in hand.

Minor timeskip