💙 Chapter Twenty-six 💙

Author's pov

All of them were now at the dining table eating. Jin had served all of them after cooking.

"So, how will we convince the people that he died of natural causes?" Namjoon asked taking a bite of his food.

"Jungkook has to do that" Yoongi said making Tae sigh and look at Jungkook who was eating quietly.

"Jungkook, you need to do this. You are the only one they will trust after all you are the crown prince." Tae explained.

"I will do it" Jungkook replied looking up from his plate.

"Ju-" Tae was cut off by Jungkook.

"Hyungie, I told you something this morning. Let's start from here." Jungkook said looking straight into Tae's eyes.

"I trust that you can do it" Taehyung replied cupping Jungkook's face. Jungkook got filled with a sudden confidence.

"I am here for you, Kookie" Tae said cupping his face.

"I know Hyungie" Jungkook mumbled under his breathe just for only Tae to here.

Tae turned towards the others who were looking at the couple talking in whispers all this time.

"He will do it." Tae replied making Namjoon smile and nod.

"Then after eating, we will summon the citizens so that Jungkook can inform them." Namjoon said.

They all continued eating. Well, for Hoseok he hadn't approached Dae yet. They went to sleep right after they reached their room yesterday as they were all tired. But when everything thing settles he will definitely approach Dae.

Soon,they all finished eating and converged in the hall.

"Dae, can you go and get rid of the body. We share the same powers you know. So, you can create a fire, right?" Tae said to his brother once they settled in the hall.

"Sure, bro. Just stay beside Kook." Dae replied making Tae flash his boxy smile.

"Be fast, you are the one Jungkook will be introducing to his citizens, okay?" Tae said and Dae nodded and left to burn the body.

"Can we all go now? The citizens are waiting." Hoseok asked and they all nodded. They all left towards the throne room.

They are currently in front of the door of the throne room waiting for Dae.
Jungkook took in a deep breathe to calm his nerves, Tae noticed and squeezed his hand to reassure him that he is just beside him.

Soon, Dae arrived and the doors to the throne room flung open.

All the citizens turned their heads towards the door to see their prince which confused them as usually he doesn't come to the throne room. The throne room soon turned noisy due to the whispering of the angels.

Jungkook left Tae's hand and walked majestically to the throne and stood in front of it. The rest followed and stood by the throne a little bit of a distance from Kook.

"Good morning, my dear citizens" Jungkook greeted his voice booming with confidence.

"Good morning, our prince" The angels surprisingly greeted back at the same time.

"You all might be wondering why you were summoned here." Jungkook began.

"Well, I am very sorry to inform you that my father, the King of this Kingdom, passed away last night" Jungkook announced and the noise began again

One of the angels dared to ask" Your highness. Can we know the cause of his death?"

"He died of natural causes. As we all know per the rules of this Kingdom. If anyone dies, it is bad luck to see their dead body. Hence, his body was taken care off early this morning" Jungkook explained his voice not wavering even a bit.